Mood Swings

Morana's POV

Aeron and I sat in the hospital bed in silence as I looked out to the forest. Aeron had moved to my right side and was trying to block my view of the forest. Ontas ponder in my head, not speaking but not being quiet either. Aeron placed a hand over my stomach and slowly rubbed circles as I looked out to the forest. Why did this feel so right? Why couldn't I be mad? Should I be mad? I softly sighed as I placed a hand over his and closed my eyes. Maybe, I was the toxic one. I only softly exhaled as he grew closer to me.

"When I was a child my Mother died." He said, "Your mother and mine were best friends." He added and rubbed my stomach as he lifted his head, "Serena often came to visit my Father and me after her death. I also have a younger sister and two older brothers." He said. My eyes widened, I never knew that, "My brothers left the pack once they could and my sister found her mate and went to his pack. My Father stepped down as Alpha and I took over the pack."

"I would have thought your older brothers would have wanted the position." I whispered.

"If you met my Father, you would understand why they didn't want anything to do with him." Aeron sighed and planted a kiss on my temple, "I hope you don't, but he is a member of the council, so I'm sure you two will meet."

"What about your siblings?" I asked.

"My sister Sanna hasn't visited me in two years, and my brothers. Well, we don't keep in touch. But, if any of us needed anything we always helped each other. I've helped all of them before, and I can get in touch with my brothers if I wanted to. But I don't often reach out to them. They live among humans."

"The humans?" I asked and turned to look at him, he nodded and rubbed my stomach.

"They enjoy their lives." He said and shrugged his shoulders, "When I became the Alpha I offered them to come back, but they won't." He sighed and looked down at my stomach. I followed his gaze and very slowly lifted my gown. My stomach was still flat, but I could see the small changes now. Aeron's finger trailed over the skin and exhaled.

"What is your Father's name?" I asked him.

"His name is William, but Bill for short." He said.

"My Father's name is Marcus." I said. Aeron looked at me with wide eyes.

"You know who your Father is?" He asked.

"I have one memory of my Mother meeting him in the forest. He had begged us to leave." I whispered and placed a hand on the side of my stomach, "I wonder if he is still in the forest waiting for us." Aeron pushed his forehead against my face as I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, "I'm sorry for getting upset."

"You're emotional." Aeron said and kissed my cheek, "Welcome to pregnancy." He whispered.

"Good afternoon." A voice said as the door opened, we both looked up to see Doctor Brianna. She had purple bags under eyes as she walked into the room holding a laptop.

"Good afternoon." I said and looked towards her.

"How are you feeling today, Morana?" She asked and placed the lap top down and sat where Aeron was sitting.

"Much better." I said as I felt my cheeks warm up and looked towards Aeron, his hand stayed on my stomach as he looked towards me, ignoring the doctor.

"Okay Morana, I'm going to be frank and fast because I'm the only doctor working in this hospital at the moment." She said, "You fainted because of an adrenaline rush. You had lost a lot of blood, yours and your child's heart rate was low, so I decided to do a blood transfusion on you with werewolf blood. Your body rejected the blood, but your baby's heart rate stabilized. Your body went into shock and your heart stopped. After we revived you I switched the blood with human's. Your baby's heart rate did slow, but your heart rate was gaining. Once you were in a safe area I took you off of the transfusion, and hoped both your heart rate and the baby's heart would return to normal."