Being Alone

Areon POV

Walking out of the pack's hospital I could feel Aero's sadness, neither he nor I felt comfortable leaving our mate in a bed by herself. I rubbed the back of my neck as I tried to control my confusion and anger. Even though she couldn't talk, her action made it clear that if she could, she wouldn't have. I could smell the fear coming from her, and I knew she was afraid of me. She only concentrated on me when the anesthesia was in her system. Never in my life have I asked or wanted a female's attention, but I wanted hers. I wanted to memorize her face, I wanted to hear her voice. There were so many things I wanted to do, I wanted to tell my pack that I was her mate, not someone who forced their mark on her. I was her true mate, and she was mine. 'Do you think she is upset with us?' Aero asked sadly. I only frowned and looked at my house behind the pack house, 'Why are we keeping her a secret? Why can't we say she's our mate?' He asked.

Walking towards the wooden steps, I went up to the porch and fumbled with my keys to unlock the door, Because, we can't always be there to protect her. I have a feeling whoever hurt her is in this pack. I said and walked towards the kitchen grabbing a bottle of orange juice and pouring a glass, I want everyone to know she's our mate- He cut me off quickly.

'It's because she's mark. You-You're ashamed of our mate?' Aero sounded sad and mad at the same time when he said the last sentence. How could I deny that he was right. I was ashamed that my mate had been marked. To be seen with a marked female, it wasn't good. Even if we were true mates. My reputation would be considerably damaged. But, the only way to remove that mark was to cut it out or to have the man remove it himself and I couldn't do that to her.But it wasn't all about my reputation, we were the strongest deadliest pack. And through the years I've gained plenty of enemies. Announcing I have a weak mate could make her a target.

Walking away from the kitchen I went up the stairs and into my office. I looked at the small stack of paperwork that was waiting for me, Jon's scent lingered in my office and I knew he was in here today. I sat in the black chair as I pulled out my cell phone and looked at the disappointing texts from Alpha Kevin. I placed the phone down and placed my head in my hands, I needed to clear my head. Slowly, very slowly with Aero whining I picked up the phone. My hands shook as I bit my lip. This wasn't what I should be doing but I could hear the hard words of my father as I dialed the phone number. And after three rings the woman answered my call.

Morana POV

It has been almost two full weeks since I woke up, my wounds have been healing quickly and just yesterday Amanda sneaked in scissors and cut the right side of my hair. Her skilled hands had cut my hair a bit too short and now it rests off of my shoulders and curled towards my chin. I sat in the bed by myself as I looked down to my hands. My back and chest was covered in bandages but I now wore what Amanda called scrub pants, they were black and comfortable. I hated the socks they gave me and refused to wear them. Last week I spent my time in the bed crying over the pain. I cried for what had happened to me, and the nightmares that filled my nights.

This week however, I started it with ignoring the pain, ignoring the pain medicine Amanda tried to give me. I spent my time raging, I had my left foot over my right leg allowing some coverage as I looked at the scalpel in my hand. I had found it in one of the cabinets and was twisting it in my hand. Ontas had returned just two days ago, I was thankful to have her back but something had changed in her as well.

Ontas was mad that she wasn't here to see our mate. But she was even more mad at how he never returned to the room. 'What do you plan on doing?' Ontas asked as we stared at the sharp end. My lip smirked as I looked at my shoulder. I could hear her howl in approval, 'Get it off our skin for good!' It was the first time I felt approval and happiness from her. I waited for a moment and then walked towards the bathroom. The girl in the mirror didn't look like the girl I saw in the lake. My reflection had changed. The girl that glared back at me had a full face and hateful blue eyes. She had on a short top which gave Amanda easy access to my wounds. Bandages still wrapped around my body as my blue eyes looked at the mark I was ready to cut out.