Chapter 59

Daisy POV

It's been 6 months, and things have not been easy for either me or Dominic.

I was released from the hospital about 5 months ago. Dominic arranged for me to have a nurse with me and a physical therapist who came in every day.

At first, I tried to convince Dominic to let me stay elsewhere, although I didn't know where that could be, but he immediately shut down that idea.

He made it clear that he was going to be there for me and the kids, and he's kept his word.

After about four months of physical therapy, I was finally able to move my torso and arms, but unfortunately, my legs remained immobile. The neurologist said there was a 50/50 chance that I would be able to walk again, and I tried not to give up hope, but it was really hard. Physical therapy helped me a lot, but it also caused me a lot of pain. I remember how much I cried from the pain, but I suppose it was all worth it.

Dominic pretty much stopped going into work and put Zayden in charge. He really stepped up and has been the one practically taking care of me and our kids.

I was currently in bed, and Dominic had just gone into the twins' room to put them to bed.

He walked back into the room, shut the door, and turned on the baby monitor. At first, I protested sleeping in the same room as him, but Dominic, being Dominic, convinced me that he wanted to make sure I was okay at night, so I agreed for us to sleep in the same bedroom. At first, he slept on the couch, but I couldn't sleep when he did. So he started sleeping with me on the bed, and my insomnia went away.

He looked at me and asked, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just got lost in thought," I said.

He nodded and said, "The twins were thankfully really tired today. They might actually let us sleep through the night," he said as he walked towards the bed.

"Don't count on it," I replied, and he laughed.

"You're probably right," he said as he got into bed. He gave me a kiss on my forehead and looked into my eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked with concern.

"Yeah," I lied as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Daisy, what's wrong?" he asked me with concern.

"What if... What if I can't ever walk again?" I whispered as tears rolled down my face.

"Daisy, don't think like that. Of course, you're going to be able to walk again," he said.

"But what if I can't?" I said.

"You thought you wouldn't be able to move your arms or body again, and look at you now. Look how far you've come," he said.

"I know, it's just..." I tried to say.

"Just what?" he asked.

"It's just not fair for you. You basically had to take care of me and our kids alone this whole time. It's just not fair for you. I'm just such a big burden, and I don't..." I tried to say.

"Daisy, I'm going to stop you right there," he said as he sat in front of me and looked into my eyes. "Daisy, you are not a burden. I'm doing this because I want to, because I love you," he said, looking deep into my eyes.

All this time, Dominic and I never really discussed our relationship. I never could bring myself to bring up the topic, and I could tell Dominic was giving me my space.

"How could you still love me?" I whispered.

"Daisy, all this happened because

of me. It was my fault," he said.