Chapter 41

Dominic POV

Eight long months had passed since that fateful day. Lily remained in a coma, and I visited her regularly, hoping for her recovery. My sister's condition weighed heavily on me, but there was another burden that gnawed at my conscience-the search for Daisy.

Daisy's father, useless as ever, had called me to inform me of her disappearance. Frustration and anger boiled within me, and I showed him no mercy, ending his life with a bullet to the head.

Since that incident, I had become ruthless, making my power and dominance known to everyone around me. Anthony's betrayal was a bitter pill to swallow. He was the last person I expected to turn against me.

Finding them had proven challenging, but we were getting closer. It was only a matter of time before we tracked them down. Zayden and I had grown distant. He still believed in Daisy's innocence, and though I denied it, deep down, I wished it were true.

To solidify my position, I got engaged to Isabella after the scandal. I didn't love her, but I viewed it as a strategic move to strengthen my mafia.

As I glanced at my phone, I noticed a call from the hospital. Lily's doctor informed me that she had woken up from her coma. Excitement surged through me, and just as Zayden entered the room, I cut him off, eager to rush to Lily's side.

"Save it, Zayden. Lily just woke up at the hospital, and I'm on my way," I announced, a rare smile spreading across my face. Zayden's eyes widened, mirroring my joy, and he nodded in agreement. This was a moment of hope in our troubled lives.

We made our way to the hospital together, anticipation building within me. Cautiously entering Lily's room, I saw her looking up at me, a big smile on her face.

"D!" she exclaimed, and I couldn't contain my emotions, rushing forward to embrace her in a tight hug.

"Lily," I said, my voice filled with love and relief. Zayden joined in, offering his own hug to my sister.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Lily, genuinely concerned.

"Good. The doctor told me what happened. After I got shot, I was asleep for a while. Where's Daisy?" she inquired, worry creeping into her tone. A pang of pain struck my chest as I struggled to find the right words.

"Lily, um, Daisy is gone," I replied, my voice heavy with sadness.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Lily asked, her voice tinged with concern. "Did she leave because of me?" Tears welled up in her eyes.

"No, Lily, of course not," I reassured her, trying to hold back my own emotions.

"Is she mad because I jumped in front of her? She pulled me behind her, but I wanted to protect her, her and the baby. That's why I jumped in front of her," Lily explained, her tears flowing freely. Her words struck me with unexpected force.

"Lily, can you tell me what happened that day?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"Daisy picked me up from school, and we were on our way to the mall. Then the car started turning. I called out for Daisy, but she wouldn't answer me. It looked like she was sleeping. Then I saw someone in the front seat shoot a gun and pull the sleeping man out. Daisy woke up and helped me get out of the car. We looked around, and then Daisy's dad appeared. Daisy pulled me behind her when he pulled out a gun, and he started saying really mean things to Daisy. He was about to shoot the gun, but I jumped in front of her," Lily recounted, her sobs growing louder. Zayden gasped at the revelation but remained silent.

I was taken aback. Lily's story matched exactly what Daisy had told me. But the video I saw showed Daisy shooting her. Lily's next words shook me to my core.

"Lily, what did you mean by 'baby'?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"It was supposed to be a surprise. Daisy wanted to tell you on your wedding day and asked me to keep it a secret," she replied, unaware of the bombshell she had just dropped. My eyes widened, and Zayden and I shared a simultaneous gasp. Daisy was pregnant-with my child.

Zayden approached me,"Dominic, that's what i wanted to talk to you about earlier," but before he could continue, Lily interjected with another question.

"How long was I asleep? Did you and Daisy get married already? Daisy told me it takes nine months for the baby to grow in her tummy. I remember she said she was almost one month before I fell asleep," Lily said, her realization dawning upon her. The room seemed to close in on me, and my head spun with the weight of it all. How could I have doubted Daisy? How could I have uttered those cruel words and sent her back to her abusive father? I felt like the worst scum on earth.

Interrupting my thoughts, Zayden urgently spoke up. "Dominic, we need to talk now," he insisted, concern etched on his face. I nodded, my mind racing.

"Lily, Uncle Zayden and I are going to talk outside for a moment. I'll be right back," I informed her, my voice filled with a mix of determination and remorse.

"Okay," she nodded, and Zayden and I walked out of the room.

"What did you need to tell me?" I asked him, my voice heavy with anticipation.

"First of all, you're a total jackass, but that's beside the point. All this time, I had a friend analyze the video to determine if it was altered or not. I didn't tell you because I knew you would refuse to believe it, but I'm glad I pursued it. My friend managed to defragment the video, and he confirmed that a professional had modified it. Almost anyone in IT would have passed it off as real," Zayden explained, showing me the video.

As I watched the footage, a chilling realization washed over me-Daisy's father had pulled the trigger, not Daisy. It was a breaking point for me. I needed to find Daisy, and I needed to find her fast.

"I have to go," I declared, my voice laced with urgency and determination.

Zayden looked concerned, trying to grasp the situation. "Dominic, what's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"Nothing. I'll be back in a few hours," I replied, my mind focused on the mission ahead.

"But..." Zayden attempted to speak.

"Please," I pleaded, cutting him off. With that, I left, making my way home. Inside, a storm raged within me. No, no, no. I unleashed my fury upon my office, breaking things apart. How could I have treated Daisy so horribly? The words i said to her haunted me, as did my actions. I punched holes in the walls, blood staining my hands. I had mocked her, humiliated her, and hurt her-my sweet Daisy.

Lily's words echoed in my mind-I was going to be a father. Or perhaps I already was. I needed to find Daisy and fast.