Chapter 21

Daisy POV

As our lips parted, both of us breathless, Dominic held me tightly, his eyes locked onto mine. "Thank you, Daisy. You won't regret this," he said, relief and adoration evident in his voice. Nestling my head against his chest, I found solace in the steady rhythm of his heartbeat against my cheek.

"I believe you, Dominic," I murmured softly, overwhelmed by the emotions swirling within me.

He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of my head, his touch reassuring. "I'm willing to face whatever comes our way, Daisy. Together, we'll overcome any obstacles," he declared with unwavering determination.

Wrapped in each other's embrace, a mix of excitement and happiness filled the air. In that moment, I realized I had taken a leap of faith, choosing to follow my heart and trust in the connection between us. The path ahead might be uncertain, but with Dominic by my side, I felt ready to face it head-on.

"Come on, it's getting late. Let's go to bed," Dominic suggested, tugging me gently towards the staircase.

I hesitated for a moment, concerned about Lily and the lateness of the hour. "Wait, what about Lily?" I asked, guilt tugging at my conscience. I had arrived home so late, neglecting my responsibilities as her caretaker.

"Lily is spending the night at a friend's house," Dominic replied, surprising me with his knowledge. "She made a new friend at school, thanks to you being here and giving her the confidence to reach out to others."

A smile spread across my face. "I'm glad she's finally making friends," I said, genuinely happy for Lily. However, another thought nagged at me. "But I thought you said Lily could only spend the night here," I recalled one of the rules I had been told.

Dominic chuckled, his eyes filled with amusement. "Lily's friend's dad happens to work for me. I checked out his background and had a few of my men keep an eye on her. She's in good hands," he assured me.

Relieved, I began to say something about heading to my room when Dominic interrupted me, raising an eyebrow playfully. "And where do you think you're going?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I was going to my room, getting ready for bed," I replied, confusion etched on my face.

His playful expression softened, and he took a step closer, his hand reaching out to graze mine. "Nope, wrong answer," he said teasingly. I looked at him, puzzled. "You're officially my girlfriend now, which means you'll be sleeping in my bed," he stated, causing my cheeks to flush crimson.

"Well, of course, if that's okay with you," he quickly added, his voice laced with sincerity.

"Oh, umm..." I stammered, caught off guard by his proposition.

"Daisy, I'm not going to force you into anything," Dominic assured me, his voice gentle. "I would love to...," he paused, a mischievous glint returning to his eyes, but I playfully hit his shoulder before he could finish his sentence, causing him to laugh. "However, I'm willing to wait for you, Daisy. You've already slept in my bed before, remember? I promise, no funny business," he reassured me, raising both of his hands in a gesture of innocence.

"I suppose that's okay," I replied, my heart fluttering with a mix of nerves and excitement. "But what will we tell Lily?" I asked.

"The truth. You want to know something, since the day you've arrived, our dear Lily has been trying to play Cupid. She would constantly tell me you were girlfriend material, " he said, and I felt embarrassed.

"Yeah, Lily would do the same with me," I confessed, and Dominic chuckled.

We were about to enter his room when I stopped at the entrance. "I'm just going to take a quick shower and grab some pjs, and I'll be right back," I said, trying to keep my composure.

However, Dominic stopped me. "Just go ahead and shower in my room. I'll lend you some of my clothes, " he said.

"But...um..." I tried to say, but he pulled me into his room and closed the door.

"Just shower here, Daisy." He said.

"Ok," I said. He smiled and walked to his closet. He walked out and handed me one of his shirts. "Thanks," I said, and I walked towards the bathroom.

"I'll shower right after you," he said.

I turned towards him and said, "What, oh no, you should shower first," I said.

"Or we could shower together," he said, and I could feel myself turning red. "I'm kidding," he said. "Go ahead and shower first. I have to make a quick phone call, and I'll shower after you're done, " he said.

"If you're sure," I said.

He chuckled and said, "I'm sure." I nodded and walked to the bathroom.

I quickly hopped into the shower. I cleaned myself as fast as I could and then got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself.

I looked at myself at the full-length mirror. I felt like I needed to pinch myself. Was all this really happening. Did I really just become Dominic's girlfriend?

As I looked at myself in the mirror, I started to panic. How can Dominic like me? I have nothing to offer. I look nothing like the models he's been with. As I was having my panic attack, I dropped a few things from the sink. Dang it.

Then I heard a knock on the door. "Daisy, are you alright? I heard something fall?" He said.

"I'm fine. I'm just changing. I'll be out in a second, " I said
And quickly put his shirt over my head.

He was definitely a tall man, so his shirt fit me like an over size blouse. I looked down at my legs and began to feel self-conscious. "Get a grip, Daisy," I said to myself.

I finally pulled up the courage and opened the bathroom door. Dominic was sitting on his bed, and he looked up at me. He had showered and changed. He could tell I was surprised, and then he said. "I showered in my office," he said.

"Oh," I simply said.

"You know. You look really sexy in my clothes, " he said, and I could feel myself turn bright red. Dominic chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"I just love to see you blush," he said. "Now come to bed," he said.
I hesitated for a second and walked over to the other side of the bed. I sat on the far corner of the bed. He looked at me and said, "Why are you so far? Come on, " he said, spreading out his hands. I scooted a little closer to him, and he pulled me towards his chest.

I laid my head down, and he started playing with my hair. "You know I suffer from insomnia. I haven't been able to sleep peacefully in years. However, the night you slept in my bed, I slept like a baby, " he said, and I smiled.

Dominic kept playing with my hair, and before I knew it, I fell asleep in his arms.