Chapter 44

Daisy POV

The next morning, as I slowly woke up, I felt someone's arms wrapped around me. Before I could turn around, the door burst open, and my eyes widened at the sight of Isabella entering the room, her voice filled with anger.

"What the hell are you two doing in the same bed?" she yelled, her accusatory gaze fixed on us.

I sat up, realizing that Dominic was indeed lying beside me. "I could ask the same question," I retorted, trying to maintain my composure.

"You slut! How could you be in bed with my fiancé?" Isabella continued to shout, her anger escalating.

Before I could respond, she was already by my side, attempting to pull me out of the bed forcefully.

"Isabella, that's enough! You are never to lay a hand on Daisy again, do you understand?" Dominic's voice barked at her, his tone firm and commanding.

"But Dominic, you're my fiancé," Isabella whined, her defiance starting to waver under his stern gaze.

"Get the hell out of the room. I'll see you in my office!" he ordered, his voice leaving no room for argument.

"Okay," Isabella replied, her defeated tone contrasting sharply with her earlier hostility. What a way to speak to your fiancée, I thought to myself.

"Daisy, I'm sorry about that," Dominic apologized once Isabella left the room.

"I honestly don't care. What I want to know is what you're doing sleeping in the same bed as me?" I asked him, my voice laced with a mix of confusion and frustration.

"You were whimpering in your sleep. I thought you were having a nightmare, so I started rubbing your back, and you stopped whimpering," he explained, his tone softening.

"I don't need your help, Dominic," I replied, my emotions still swirling within me.

"I know, Daisy. I'm sorry I crossed the line. It won't happen again," he promised, his voice filled with remorse. "I would like to talk to you about something," he added.

"Your fiancée is waiting for you in your office. You should go and explain yourself," I said, distancing myself from him as I got up from the bed.

"Daisy, please let me..." he attempted to say, but I cut him off.

"I'm going to take a shower now, so you can go," I said, walking away from him and retreating into the bathroom.

As I stood before the mirror, I caught a glimpse of my reflection and noticed tears streaming down my face. Stupid hormones. I hated to admit it, but I couldn't help feeling jealous. Jealous of Isabella. I wished I wasn't, but they were engaged. I needed to get that through my head.

I quickly took a shower, trying to wash away my mixed emotions. Once I was done, I made my way to Lily's room. She was still asleep, and a warm smile spread across my face. "Good morning, Lily. It's time to get up," I gently greeted her.

Lily woke up and returned the smile. I sat down on the bed next to her. "It's time to get ready for school," I reminded her.

"I'm not going to school right now. Dominic doesn't want me to go. After what happened, I'm getting homeschooled," she said, her tone tinged with sadness. Then she looked up at me and smiled. "But at least you're here with me, and so will the baby," she added, trying to find a silver lining.

"That's right, Lily," I affirmed, grateful for her positivity.

"Do you know if it's a boy or girl?" she asked me curiously.

"I want it to be a surprise," I replied, and her smile widened.

"I hope it's a girl," she expressed her wish.

"Well, we'll see when the time comes," I replied. "Now come on, let's get you ready for your tutor," I suggested, diverting the conversation.

I helped Lily change and walked her to the study where she was having her lessons. As I made my way back to the kitchen, I unexpectedly ran into Isabella.

"Well, if it isn't the dirty whore," she sneered, her hostility evident.

Great, just what I needed. I wasn't in the mood to see her again. "What do you want, Isabella?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"I want you to stay away from my fiancé. Our wedding is going to be very soon, and I don't want you in the picture," she asserted.

"Isabella, Dominic is the one who brought me back," I retorted, feeling a surge of defiance.

"It's because of that stupid baby," she spat. "But believe me, Dominic will get sick and tired of you two once that brat is born, and you'll be out the door before you know it," she added with a self-assured tone.

"I never wanted to be here in the first place," I replied, mustering my strength. "You're his fiancée, why don't you ask him to let me go?" I challenged.

"Fine, I will. I'm sure Dominic would love it if you left already," she said, her words filled with spite. "Mark my words, you'll be gone before you know it," she threatened before storming out of the room.

I let out a sigh, brushing away my tears. I shouldn't let myself be consumed by jealousy over Dominic's and Isabella's relationship, but I couldn't simply push away my feelings. Needing some space, I decided to take a walk in my favorite garden, though I knew Anthony wouldn't come out to greet me as he used to.

I couldn't help but wonder how Anthony was doing. Dominic promised me that he wouldn't hurt him, but I couldn't shake off my worries about his well-being.

After spending some time in the garden, I eventually made my way upstairs and decided to take a nap, hoping to find solace in sleep.