chapter 28

Daisy POV

"Dominic, we don't have to leave," I attempted to say, but he paid no attention and continued guiding me towards the exit. As we passed by, every person's questioning looks intensified my unease.

We reached Dominic's waiting limousine, and he courteously opened the door for me. With a sigh, I entered the limo, and he followed suit.

Once the door closed and the limo started moving, Dominic turned his gaze towards me. Unable to hold back any longer, tears streamed down my face, shattering the facade I had desperately clung to.

"Oh, my Daisy," he murmured, holding me tightly. "Please, tell me what's wrong," he urged.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Dominic," I managed to say amidst my sobs.

"Daisy, why are you apologizing?" he questioned gently.

"We left because of me. This meant so much to you, and I've ruined everything, just like I always do. I'm truly sorry, Dominic. I knew how important this night was for you," I confessed through my tears. I could no longer contain the overwhelming emotions.

"Daisy, what are you talking about? You didn't ruin anything," he reassured me. "We left because I wanted to. It had nothing to do with you. I could see something happened in the restroom. I could see it in your beautiful eyes. Despite your claims of being okay, I could sense your pain. I wanted to leave because I wanted to protect you from every single person in that room who made you uncomfortable or hurt you. I don't care about anyone in that room except for you. My only concern was seeing my Daisy in pain after I promised not to leave her alone. You are the only one who matters to me, Daisy," he declared, lifting my chin with his thumb. "Please, tell me what happened," he pleaded.

"They didn't say anything that wasn't true, Dominic," I admitted, casting my gaze downward.

"And what truths did they speak?" he inquired.

"They merely stated the obvious, Dominic. I'm not good enough for you. I don't understand what you see in me. I'll never measure up to your expectations. I haven't even been intimate with you. I know you have needs, and I'm aware of the kind of women you used to be with. I'll never be able to provide you with that," I confessed, tears welling up once again.

"Whoa, whoa, Daisy, slow down," Dominic interjected, his voice laced with sincerity. "None of what those skanks said is true. Please, let that sink in. I'm the fortunate one here. I'm the luckiest man in the world to have you, Daisy Brooks, by my side. You are the sweetest, most gorgeous, and most extraordinary woman I have ever encountered. I don't desire anyone else. I want you, Daisy. I won't deny my past, but I promise you, you're all I need. Do you want to know why?" he asked, his eyes locked with mine.

"Why?" I whispered, my voice filled with disbelief.

"Because I love you, Daisy," he declared, his words echoing in my ears as I looked up at him, completely taken aback.

"You what?" I stammered, shock evident in my expression.

"I love you, Daisy Brooks," he repeated, his gaze unwavering.

I stared at him, feeling as though the world had shifted beneath me. How could he love me?

"You love me?" I questioned, still grappling with the enormity of his confession.

"I do! I love you, Daisy," he

I never in my life would have imagined that Dominic Valentino, would say those 3 words.

"I love you too Dominic" I said as I  finally got the courage to say it to Dominic.

He looked down at me and smiled. He was about to say something when we heard a knock at the door. We both turned and the driver said "sir we're home"

"Thanks Jackson." The guy nodded and left. Then Dominc looked down at me.

"Come on my love, let's go home" he said and he picked me up and carried me inside.