Chapter 15

Daisy POV

I woke up in a dimly lit room and immediately realized that I was in Dominic's bedroom. I was lying down on his bed, and I sat up.

I looked over at him, and he was sitting across the bed, watching me closely. I should be scared right now, but for some reason, I wasn't. After witnessing what he was capable of, I knew that Dominic could easily kill someone, including me, if he wanted to. However, I didn't feel scared.

Dominic broke the silence and asked me in an angry tone, "What the hell were you thinking going down there?"

"I was put in the garden, and I heard someone yelling," I whispered.

"Who the hell gave you permission to go down there? Didn't Silvia tell you the rules? You are not allowed down there," he yelled at me.

I wanted to cry, but I held back my tears. "I'm sorry," I said, not knowing what else to say. I put my head between my legs and started to cry.

Dominic sighed. "You could have gotten hurt," he said. I looked up at him, wondering if that was the only reason he was mad at me.

"I'm sorry. I won't ever go down there again," I promised.

Dominic nodded. "Good," he said.

Then, I gathered the courage to ask him something that had been on my mind since I met him. "Can I ask you something?" I looked up at Dominic, and he nodded. "Who are you? What are you?"

"Are you really sure you want to know that, Daisy?" he asked, sounding serious.

Part of me knew that I shouldn't ask, but I couldn't resist my curiosity. "Yes," I replied.

Dominic looked at me with intense eyes. "Fine, Daisy. I'll tell you. I'm the Don of the Italian Mafia," he revealed.

I stared at him, my eyes widening in shock. Did he just say what I think he said? He's the Don of the Italian Mafia? What the hell? Dominic's eyes never left mine, and I didn't know how to react. Everything seemed to make sense now. I knew he was involved in shady business, but I never imagined it could be something like this.

Dominic could sense my internal struggle. "Are you scared of me, Daisy?" he asked.

"No, I'm not scared of you," I replied honestly.

"Why?" he asked.

"There's no reason to be scared of you. Why should I be? The first time I met you, you put a gun to my head, and I wasn't scared then. Why should I be scared now? Things make a lot more sense now," I explained, and he looked surprised.

"Why doesn't death scare you?" he asked me.

I looked away, not wanting to talk about my past. "I guess I'm just a strong person," I mumbled.

Dominic used his finger to turn my head back to face him. "You know, being a Don, I've gained some abilities, one of which is knowing when someone is lying to me," he said. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Because it doesn't matter," I said, looking away again.

"It matters to me," he said, and I turned to look at him.

I didn't want to talk about it anymore. "I'm going to bed," I said, trying to get off his bed.

But he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, lying down. "Ok, let's go to bed," he said, wrapping his arms around me, and my head rested on his chest. I tried to pull away and argued, "I meant going to my room. This is completely inappropriate."

However, Dominic ignored me. "Shh, let's go sleep," he said.

I kept trying to break loose, but it was no use. He was way stronger than me.  I decided to stop fighting Dominic and then felt exhausted and fell asleep in his arms.