Chapter 23

Daisy POV

As Dominic and I descended the stairs, we found Lily in the living room, removing her coat. A bright smile appeared on my face as she ran towards me, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"Good morning, Lily," I said, hugging her back.

"Morning Daisy," she said.

"Where's my hug?" Dominic asked her. She smiled and gave him a hug, too.

Lily's observant eyes caught sight of something unusual. "Daisy, why are you wearing D's shirt?" she asked, her innocent curiosity bringing a blush to my cheeks. Dominic and I exchanged glances, realizing we had forgotten to change our clothes in the excitement of the morning.

Before we could explain, Lily's imagination took hold. "Wait, I know! You guys are finally boyfriend and girlfriend," she exclaimed, her face beaming with delight. "I'm right, aren't I?" she continued, bouncing up and down in anticipation.

A mixture of surprise and amusement filled me as I confirmed her guess. "Yes..." I managed to say, and Lily's excitement exploded.

"Really? Oh my gosh! That's amazing!" she exclaimed, her genuine joy reverberating through her voice. "Yes, yes, yes!" she chanted, her enthusiasm infectious. Lily dashed towards me, wrapping her arms around me tightly. I returned the hug, feeling overwhelmed by the love and support from my new little sister.

Dominic interjected, attempting to redirect the exuberant energy. "Yes, Lily. Now let's calm down," he suggested, his voice laced with amusement.

"I can't calm down. I'm so happy! When are you guys getting married?" Lily asked, her innocent eagerness spilling out.

My cheeks turned a shade redder at her question. "Sweety, your brother and I have just become a couple. We're still getting to know each other," I explained, trying to find the right words.

"Yeah, this is how relationships usually start," Dominic chimed in, providing some perspective.

"But you already know each other. Why can't you just get married already?" Lily pressed on, her face reflecting her confusion.

Understanding the innocence behind her words. Then Dominic replied, "Lily, right now, Daisy and I are simply enjoying being a couple. Marriage may come in the future." Dominic winked at her, causing me to blush even more.

"Grown-ups are so confusing," Lily groaned, her childlike frustration amusing us all. We chuckled in response, appreciating her candid perspective on adult relationships.

"You know what, all this excitement made me hungry. Why don't we all have breakfast together?" I said.

"Yes!" Lily said. "I'm starving."

"Me too." Dominic said.

"Ok, then let's have breakfast," I said as we made our way to the table. We made our way to the table, basking in Lily's infectious enthusiasm.

As we sat down for breakfast, Lily's excitement filled the air. Her genuine joy and support warmed my heart, reminding me of the beautiful bond we were building as a family. We shared a meal together, cherishing the simple moments of togetherness.

After breakfast, Dominic had to leave for work, and I helped Lily prepare for her art class. Our driver arrived to take her to the class, leaving me with a day to myself. I decided to indulge in a good book and sought solace in the garden.

Settling down in a cozy spot, I immersed myself in the story. Suddenly, I felt a presence beside me, and I looked up to find Anthony, a familiar face with a gentle smile.

"Hi Anthony," I greeted him warmly, happy to see him.

"Hi Daisy," he responded, taking a seat beside me. "You look different today. Happy," he observed, his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Thanks," I replied, appreciating his attention to detail.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I asked him, "How are things for you, Anthony?"

"Oh, you know, same old, same old." He said.

"You know Anthony, your family would want you to move on," I said.

He looked at me but shook his head. "No, I don't deserve a second chance." He said.

"Everyone deserves a second chance, Anthony," I said.

He was about to answer when some yelled, "Snip." We turned to see who it was, and I saw it was Rigo. "They're waiting for you," he said. Anthony simply nodded.

Rigo walked away, and I felt the chills. "I really don't like that guy," I said.

Anthony turned towards me. "Why has he ever given you any trouble?" He asked me with a worried expression.

"Well, technically, no, but that guy just gives me a bad feeling," I said.

"If he ever gives you any trouble, let me know," he said, and I nodded as he stood up.

"Anthony, why did he call you Snip?" I asked him.

"It's just a nickname they gave me," he said, and I nodded.

"See you later, kid," he said as he walked away.

"Bye," I said as he walked away. Then I continued to read my book while I waited for Lily to get home.