Chapter 33

Daisy's POV:

I woke up nestled in Dominic's arms, feeling a mix of exhaustion and contentment. The events of the previous night still lingered in my mind, causing a blush to creep onto my cheeks.

I gently tried to untangle myself from Dominic's embrace, but he stirred beneath me and pulled me closer. "And where do you think you're going?" he asked, his voice filled with playful mischief.

"I was just going to take a shower," I replied, my voice tinged with a hint of shyness.

Dominic sat up and pulled me towards his chest. "Why don't we take a shower together?" he suggested, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

"Dominic!" I exclaimed, playfully hitting him on the chest.

He chuckled, undeterred. "It was only a suggestion, and after what happened yesterday, you shouldn't be embarrassed," he teased, causing my cheeks to flush even more.

"Fine, let's just stay in bed for now," I relented, playfully hitting him again. Dominic's lack of filter never failed to make me laugh.

We remained in that cozy embrace for a few more minutes. Dominic started playing with my hair, and I noticed a hint of seriousness in his expression. "Is everything okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"There's something I want to talk to you about, Daisy," he began, and I sat up, giving him my full attention. "As you know, my life is far from normal," Dominic continued, and I nodded, understanding the complexities of his world. "Because of this life, I have many enemies who won't hesitate to hurt me. You've already seen that with Lily's kidnapping," he reminded me, and the memory sent a shiver down my spine. "Unfortunately, now that everyone knows about you from the party, you have become a target as well," he explained, his gaze unwavering. "Daisy, I want you to know that I love you deeply, and I want to give you a choice. If you don't want to be a part of this dangerous world, you can leave. You can walk out that door and never come back..."

I couldn't bear to hear any more. So I leaned in and kissed him, surprising both of us. He kissed me back, and as we pulled away, I looked up at him with determination in my eyes. "That's my answer. Is that clear enough?" I asked, and Dominic shook his head, a smile spreading across his face. I returned the smile and kissed him once more.

When we finally parted, he asked, "Are you sure?"

"Positive," I replied. "I may not agree with your lifestyle, Dominic, but I don't care. I love you, and I love Lily. If that means being a part of this life, then so be it," I declared, keeping my gaze locked with his.

"You truly are incredible," he whispered, placing a hand gently on my cheek. I closed my eyes, savoring the warmth of his touch. "How did I get so lucky?" he mused aloud.

"I ask myself the same question," I replied, my voice filled with genuine affection.

Then, unexpectedly, Dominic uttered words that caught me off guard. "Marry me," he said, causing my eyes to snap open and look at him in astonishment.

"Wait, what?" I exclaimed, momentarily taken aback.

"Marry me, Daisy. I know it hasn't been long, but I love you. I've never felt this way before, and that's because I hadn't met you until now. You know, my mom used to say that everyone has a soulmate out there. I never believed her until I met you, and it all came rushing back," he confessed, and tears welled up in my eyes. Dominic gently brushed them away with his thumbs.

He pulled out a ring, and my gaze dropped to the box as he opened it, revealing a breathtaking diamond ring. My eyes widened in awe. "This used to be my mother's ring, passed down from my dad's mom. My nonna gave it to my mom because she knew they were soulmates. I believe she would want you to have it," Dominic explained, his voice filled with sincerity. "So, my question is, will you marry me, Daisy Brooks?" he asked, his eyes searching mine.

"Yes, Dominic. I will marry you," I replied, my heart overflowing with love and joy. A radiant smile spread across his face as he slipped the ring onto my finger.

"Do you like it?" he inquired, his eyes filled with anticipation.

"I love it. It's absolutely stunning," I exclaimed, admiring the ring's beauty.

Dominic's eyes gleamed with delight. "Why don't you and I celebrate by repeating last nights events?" he suggested, causing a blush to spread across my cheeks.

Surprising even myself, I nodded and leaned in to kiss Dominic, who eagerly responded.