Chapter 2

Daisy POV

I took Lily to McDonald's and asked her what she wanted. She looked up at me and pulled my arm, so I crouched down, and she said she wanted a happy meal. I opened my wallet to pay and noticed I only had 10 dollars left. It looks like I won't be eating for a few days. I shook the thought away and paid for the little girl's food.

As we waited for Lily's happy meal, I asked her, "So, Lily, can you tell me more about your brother?"

She pulled at my arm again and said, "I don't like speaking in front of other people."

I smiled at her and said, "It's okay, Lily. You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to."

Once we got her food, we sat down, and she ate her happy meal. She got up and asked me if I was going to eat, but I shook my head and said I wasn't hungry, even though my stomach was growling.

"Lily, do you think we should go back to the park and see if we can find your brother, or should we go directly to the police?" I asked her.

"I don't know, Daisy. I'm scared. What if we can't find him?" she said, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

"Don't worry, Lily. We'll find him, I promise," I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

Once she finished eating, I asked her if it was okay if we left, and she nodded. Surprisingly, she reached for my hand before I reached for hers.

As we walked out of McDonald's, I asked her, "Lily, do you remember which way we came from the park?"

She shook her head and said, "No, I don't."

I sighed and said, "Okay, then let's just walk around and see if we can find it."

We made our way back to the park, but we couldn't find Lily's brother anywhere. Then, right as we were about to cross the street, a black car pulled in front of us, and two men walked out. They were both dressed in black, and one of them actually gave me the chills.

"Lily!" one of them said. He looked nicer than the other guy.

I looked at the men, even though I was scared out of my mind, I knew I had to say something. "Excuse me, gentlemen, but who are you?"

"I can ask you the same thing, lady. Who the hell are you, and what the hell are you doing with Lily?" the big, mean dude asked me, and I jumped.

I turned to Lily. "Lily, are any of these men your brother?" I asked her, and Lily shook her head. I decided to place Lily behind me.

"Lady, if you know what's good for you, I would hand Lily over right now," the big, scary guy said.

"No way in hell am I going to let you take this little girl. She said you're not her brother," I said, determined to protect Lily.

Then the scary guy pulled a gun out and aimed it at my face. I didn't even flinch. Truth be told, I was never afraid of dying. "Lady, move or this is the last thing you're ever going to see."

"No," I said, standing my ground. I heard the guy cock the gun at me.

"Rigo, don't do it. Boss is going to want to talk to her," the nicer-looking guy said.

The scary man sighed and then hit me on the head with the gun, and everything went black.