CHAPTER 60

Author's POV

The 3 of them reach the airport on time.. Y/n looks serious and stressed but Taehyung and Dohyun keep holding her hands and comforting her.

Y/n sadly smiles inside, she knows that she will soon have to leave her "fake" family.

It's time for her to return but what to do about her "Genuine feelings of love and care" for her not so genuinely made family?

15 hours later they finally reach Korea and all of those feelings and thoughts are pushed to the back of her mind.

Her priority was to meet her mother and take care of her first. After losing her father just a few days ago, she was scared of losing her mother too.

As soon as she reaches the hospital, she meets her aunt in the hallway.

Y/n's aunt takes her to her mother's room... Her mother came out of surgery about 4-5 hours ago and was still unconscious.

With this Y/n's aunt goes to the hotel room booked by Jimin for her to get some rest.

Y/n sits by her mother's bed and looking at her pale figure, she feels her heart twisting with pain. Her eyes were teary and she felt choked but she forced herself to not cry in front of Dohyun, she knew he was very sensitive when it came to her and Taehyung, so she tried to control herself as much as possible.

Looking at her, Taehyung realised that she was not acting herself, he clearly knew she was hiding her emotions.

She needed space and some alone time with her mother and he decided to give that to her.

Taehyung: Dohyun, Y/n... I think we should book a hotel nearby instead of going home, I will book a room for us in the same hotel where we have booked a room for your aunt.

Y/n: Yes that would be better. I don't want to leave her side.

Taehyung: I understand. Dohyun, my prince, let's go and freshen up first. Mommy should stay here with Grandma. She can go and change once we come back.

Dohyun nods in affirmation and goes to Y/n, kisses her on her forehead and then proceeds to give a cute little peck on his grandma's cheek.

Dohyun: Let's go Daddy. *Walks towards Taehyung and holds his hand* *Turns to look at Y/n* Mommy, I will be back soon... Don't be sad, Grandma is fine. *Smiles*

Y/n : Yes my baby, it's all thanks to your magical kiss... Everything is fine now. *Smiles in adoration*

With this Taehyung and Dohyun leave the hospital, reach the hotel and make arrangements for a few days' stay at the hotel.

Y/n is sitting by her mother's bed, holding her hand and crying rivers.

Since the last few days so many things happened, she was on the verge of losing everything, she already lost her father, Dohyun and Taehyung's lives were in danger and now this. She didn't know what was happening in her life and why all of this was happening.

Somewhere in her mind, the curse kept repeating. She didn't want to accept but she kept on feeling that the curse running in her family is destroying everything in her life.

She kept weeping looking at her mother when she suddenly felt her hand move. Y/n stops abruptly when she senses movement from her mother.

Slowly, her mother's eyes open, squinting due to high amount of light suddenly entering her partly woken up eyes.

Y/n: *Excited* Mom! Are you okay? Let me call the doctor here.

With this Y/n tries to get up from the chair to call the doctor, but her mother tightens her grip on Y/n's hand to stop her.

Confused, Y/n looks at her when she shakes her head in a "No", looking at her in urgency as if she was going to lose this chance any moment.

Y/n sits back and holds her hand with both of her hands, still confused as to why her mother doesn't want the doctor to come.

Slowly she parts her dehydrated lips, and with a dry throat and rusty voice, Y/n's mother finally speaks up...

Y/n's mom: My darling daughter... My time to leave has come... *Eyes watering up as she speaks*

Y/n: *Shocked* What? What are you saying mom? The surgery was successful... Everything is fine! We won't let anything happen to you. *Caresses her head to calm her down*

Y/n's mom: I don't know but I don't think I will survive this night, I can feel it. *Smiles sadly*

Y/n: No mom! Never! I am never going to let you leave my side! Never! *Tears starts rolling down her cheek*

Y/n's mom: Listen my child. Listen carefully, I don't have much time left... It's something really important that you need to know.

Y/n: Calm down mom... Everything is fine, there's nothing wrong with you... We can talk later when you are better. *Keeps on caressing her head*

Y/n's mom: No... Now listen carefully. Take my chain and locket from my purse. You are going to need it.

Y/n doesn't force her to calm down anymore, instead she complies looking at the urgency in her mother's eyes.

Y/n slowly takes the locket from her purse.

Y/n remembers that locket since her childhood, it was one of the only things that was passed on from her grandmother to her mother along with the curse.

Y/n: *Takes the locket in her hand and looks at it* Mom... This is...

Y/n's mom: Open the locket now.

Y/n once again complies. The moment she opens the locket, she sees a key inside of it.

Y/n is shocked and confused.

She takes the key in her hand and looks at her mother in confusion.

Y/n's mom: This is the key to the end of the curse. For my whole life I kept searching for a lock which fits with this key but I could never find it. Your grandmother told me to find a lock to fit this key that is the only solution we have to end this curse once and for all.

Y/n: You mean... We can actually get rid of this curse with this key? But what about the lock? Where can I find the lock and what is exactly locked with this key?

Y/n's mom: I don't know. All I know is you will be able to end the curse once you find the lock. I should have told you earlier but you never seemed to believe in the curse. Whenever I mentioned about it, you always scolded me to not believe in superstitions. But the curse is there, it's in our blood, and you will come to believe it with time. I was just like you... I didn't believe it first but slowly when everything was destroyed, I knew I had to believe it and search for a solution instead of running away from it.

Y/n: Mom... I...

Before Y/n could say anyhting anymore, her mother's eyes close and the ECG connected to her chest shows a flat line...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shocked, Y/n starts screaming, calling her mother, trying to wake her up but it was too late.

She calls the doctor and they give her a CPR.

Her mother was the biggest support in her life. The one around whom her hope and dreams revolved.

But... In the end... all efforts of the doctors went in vain.

She lost her mother... She passed away due to post surgical complications.