CHAPTER 38

Taehyung's POV

I don't know why and how I lost control and kissed her without thinking.

With all of the things going on, I felt like melting into her..... into her touch. It was so heartwarming! Every anxiety, every fear I had vanished like magic the moment our lips touched! Her lips are the softest things I have ever touched in my life !! *Blushes*

But what now !? She would be thinking of me as a pervert again and this time I have no excuse to save myself from her wrath. I had so much going on in my mind that I messed up things between us even more now. *Sighs internally*

But weirdly, today she didn't push me away. Instead, she reacted! She reciprocated my kiss!

I am surprised! I never thought she would ever break her walls for me.

After we pull away from each other, we keep staring each other in the eyes, locking our gazes. There is no distance, no lies and no misunderstandings between us at the moment. Everything around us is just blurring away with every passing second. Whatever it is between us, is pure.... not polluted with any negativity. And I am liking this situation for some reason.

I smile at her and surprisingly, she smiles back still looking into my eyes. Her gaze is questioning and curious yet calming and addictive. Her bright brown orbs are shining in the dim light. For a few moments, I completely forget whatever happened some time ago. Her expressions, her face has some kind of healing abilities. Just by looking at her face, I feel calm and peaceful.

No one would believe this is the same Y/n who will have to go for a psychiatric consultation every week after her tailbone recovers. She's the same Y/n who is suffering from panic attacks and anxiety. It seems as if she has forgotten everything in the moment as well.

I can still feel the taste of her soft lips. It's sweet. Really sweet like strawberry topped with melted sugar. *Smiles internally*

My eyes are stinging due to crying. I am embarrassed to be honest. I always act strong in front of her but today she saw me in such a vulnerable state! She won't be seeing me in the same light after this, will she ?

But I am happy that I finally could apologize to her. I never knew the apology wouldn't be in a normal manner but her expressions say that she has accepted my apology in whatever form it came to her. *Smiles internally*

I am not even drunk but her eyes are hypnotizing. I feel dazed yet relieved, as if she is drinking away my pain with her aura.

We keep our eyes locked with each others' for god knows how many more minutes when I finally realize how we have been zoning out hugging each other with our faces literally just centimetres away from each other.

I flutter my eyes and try to pull away from her. I turn my head away as my cheeks start heating up at an abnormal rate. My heart is racing and it feels as if someone is raising the room temperature to the point of boiling us!

Just when I hold her arm to put it away from my body, I feel a light grasp on my hand.

Confused, I look down towards my hand to find that it's Y/n who is holding it. I raise my eyes and turn my head towards her questioningly and god knows how and why but when I turn my head this time, our faces were even closer than earlier with our noses now almost touching each other.

Did she move closer to me !!??

Gosh ! Does she even know she's playing with fire !!??

Taehyung : *Raspy voice* Umm.... Y/n..... What are you.... *Breaths heavily*

Y/n : *Places a finger on his lips* Shhh..... Don't think of this as anything. Just leave your worries here in this night and forget everything by tomorrow morning.