CHAPTER 5

Taehyung's POV

As I reach home I see Dohyun sitting at the dinner table waiting for me. I asked the driver to bring a mat basket, put the little puppy in it and give it to our head butler Mr. Kang. While entering the house, I ask him to bring the basket when I gesture him to. I reach close to one end of the table , Dohyun sees me, jumps off of the chair and comes running towards me. He hugs me tightly.

Dohyun : Daddy I was waiting for you. *Puppy eyes*

Taehyung : *Hugs him back* I am sorry Dohyun-ah ! Daddy got caught up in some situation but to make up for the delay , I brought a gift for you. *Smiles*

Dohyun : *Pulls away and looks at Taehyung excitedly* *Eyes widen in surprise* *Wide smile* Really !!?? What is it ? Where is my gift ? *Looks left and right around Taehyung to see if he's hiding something*.

Taehyung : Mr. Kang. *Turns head towards the direction of the door , gestures to bring the basket*.
*Takes the basket from him and places it in front of Dohyun*
Open it. *Smiles*

Dohyun : *Opens the lid and sees a little puppy sleeping peacefully* *Surprised* Daddy I love you !! Thankyou !!! *Kisses Taehyung's cheek and hugs him tightly*

I gently lift the puppy in my arms and place it in Dohyun's arms. The puppy opens his eyes a bit scared. *Bark-Bark*
Dohyun sees him barking and unconsciously smiles looking at him. He keeps petting him and slowly the puppy relaxes.
He sees the bandaid on its limb and gets worried.

Dohyun : Daddy why does it have a bandaid on its leg ? *Worried* *Sad*

Taehyung : I asked the adoption centre and they said , it got caught in a thorny bush and hurt its leg.

Dohyun : Ohh *Looks at the puppy sadly* Don't worry I will help you become healthy again. *Smiles*

Taehyung : Wow ! My baby is such a responsible pet owner. *Ruffles his hair softly*. *Smiles*

Dohyun : *Nods in agreement* Yeontan. *Smiles looking at the puppy and then looks back at Taehyung*.

Taehyung : *Confused* What ?

Dohyun : From today onwards his name is Kim Yeontan. *Smiles*

Taehyung : Ahh !! *Finally understands* *Smiles* What a cute name. *Pets the puppy's head.* Give this little guy to Mr. Kang for now , it needs some rest. Mr. Kang will make a special house for him tomorrow. Until then , we can keep it in the guest room. Okay ? And , I will change and come back in a few minutes. *Smiles*.

Dohyun : *Passes the puppy to Mr. Kang* Okay. *Smiles*. Come back quickly daddy. *Flashes his teethy smile*

Taehyung : Yeah ! *Stands up* *Ruffles his hair and starts walking towards his room*.

I quickly change , freshen up and return to the dining room. We sit at the dinner table , side by side and the maid starts serving the food.

Dohyun : Daddy , can you send me to school tomorrow ? I am scared. It's my first day in kindergarten.

Taehyung : Ofcourse ! Anything for my baby. *Pats his head* *Smiles*

With this we both finish the dinner. Dohyun goes to the guest room to check on Yeontan and after a few minutes he returns back in his bedroom. I read a story to him and slowly he falls asleep.

I get up from the bed as quietly as possible so as to not wake him up, open the door and go out to restart my office work.

After 5 hours , I finally finish my work and go to my bedroom to sleep. I was so exhausted that I didn't even realise when I drifted to sleep.