꒰ ͜͡➸ bonded

————————

-phantom !!

-no set placement

-2720 words!

- no trigger
warnings

- requested by anon !

————————

"aether is being replaced."

"he'll no longer be our rhythm guitarist."

"he's being transferred to another branch for the next few months, then he'll be back."

memories of the day aether announced he was leaving rushed through my mind as i stared at the alter, chanting a phrase in latin as copia summoned another quintessence ghoul—aether's brother, apparently.

mountain and i held hands as we rushed our earthen affinity into the pentagram outline that had been carved into the ground. my tail thrashed wildly as anger flooded my system.

who was aether to give us little warning about his departure from the band? how he was moving for a few months? dew was devastated, as were mountain and i, seeing as we all had been summoned at the same time.

wind blew around the room as cirrus and cumulus raised their air affinity, my hair lashing against my face as the portal to hell was about to be opened. the fire on the candles dew lit blazed brighter, the water at the base of the candles rising into the air in droplets, circling around the flames to keep them contained.

swiss and sunshine were next to copia, holding his hands to boost the power in his words, their eyes glowing gold.

then, in the blink of an eye, a bring flash shined from the middle of the pentagram and mountain pulled me close to his chest, protecting me from the sparks that flicked out from the portal.

dew rushed forward and grabbed onto the ghoul that copia had summoned, pulling the quintessence hellbeast topside, out of the pits.

as soon as the new ghoul was out of the portal, the flaming circle closed and everything went silent—the air calmed, the vines on the walls drew back, the flames died down, and the water splashed back into the basins.

mountain slowly pulled away from the hug and looked over his shoulder at the frail quintessence ghoul, aether rushing forward and wrapping a robe around his brother.

"phantom? can you hear me?" aether spoke softly, taking the small ghoul out of dew's hold. "a..aeth'..?" the new ghoul uttered, weakly raising his head to look at his brother. aether grinned and nodded. "hey bud.. told ya i'd bring you up one day, huh?" aether spoke quietly.

i stood back with mountain, watching the interaction as i leaned into my brother's body, a sudden pit in my stomach. this ghoul was scared, and desperate for comfort—of which he was getting from his brother. i could easily give comfort.. why wasn't he coming to me?

my eyes widened at my possessive thoughts and i quickly shoved them away as mountain and i were spoken to by aether.

"could you come over and ground him? he's shaking like a leaf," aether spoke, a worried frown on his face. mountain was quick to move forward, but i stepped hesitantly.

i could comfort him now.. why was i not jumping at the opportunity?

"y/n, come on," mountain said. rain grabbed my hand and led me over, placing my hand on phantom's other shoulder, pumping my earthen affinity into his hellish essence.