꒰ ͜͡➸ first kiss

—RAIN—

- you both were on a walk in the gardens of the ministry after dinner.
- rain had been very snuggly the whole day and you just figured he wasn't feeling very good and was trying to feel better via you.
- you didn't mind, it was honestly very cute.
- though—what you didn't know—rain being rain, he managed to gather all the water ghouls to make a special little moment for you both.

"so what's been up with you today?" you asked, blinking in surprise as you felt a raindrop on your nose. "what do you mean?" rain questioned, looking over at you.

"i mean, you've been more cuddly than usual today. i just wanted to make sure you were alright." you shrugged, rain smiled softly, unbuckling his helmet and slipping it off.

"i'm okay. can i not be cuddly with you?" rain asked, slipping his helmet over his tail and carrying it that way. you scoffed playfully. "i didn't say that." you smiled. "good," rain grinned, pressing a quick kiss to your temple and grabbing your hand as you both continued walking.

you smiled, walking in silence with your boyfriend as you enjoyed the evening's nighttime air.

though, after a few minutes, two more raindrops landed on your face. rain looked over, noticing your slightly startled jump.

"what's up?" rain asked, not sure if what he planned was starting yet. you looked over at him, wiping a drop of water from your face with your free hand.

"how is it raining?" you asked, looking up at the perfectly clear sunset sky. rain looked up as well before looking to the tree line of the woods, seeing a ghoul peaking out behind a tree.

rain squinted slightly, noticing it was water, and older ghoul from an older generation. water gave rain and quick thumbs up, telling him it was time.

"have you ever danced in the rain before?" rain asked. you looked down at him, raising a brow. "once. why?" you asked. rain grinned as the water falling from the sky began to pick up, tightening his grip on your hand and pulling you into a grassy area. you smiled, realizing what was happening as rain spun you around, dropping his helmet off to the side.

you laughed happily as you and your boyfriend danced in the rain, the water ghoul watching your face light up every time he did a move you didn't expect.

after a few minutes you began to get tired. rain noticed and slowed your dancing down to a small sway, your arms around his shoulders and his around your waist.

rain's breathing slowed down as he relaxed in your arms, you doing the same.

after a few minutes of slow rocking and just basking in each other's presence, you slightly pulled away from the hug, looking up at your ghoul.

rain smiled softly, tilting his head as he held intense eye contact with you. you smiled back, your eyes flicking all around his face as you took in his features.

after a moment, you noticed rain's smile had slightly fallen and his eyes had lidded a bit more.

"what's up?" you whispered. rain swallowed harshly, keeping eye contact with you as he pressed his forehead to yours. "can.. can i kiss you?" rain whispered. you paused for half a beat before nodding, swallowing harshly yourself.