꒰ ͜͡➸ his dove

————————

- rain:)

- fluff<3

- 2570 words!

- requested by
@/xaylynnx !!

————————

i sighed softly as i walked down the stone path, the rocks being covered by moss and rain.

i looked at the headstones around me, admiring some and cringing at others—namely the ones that are hyper-christian.

as i reached the back of the cemetery, i noticed a fog begin to roll in. i smiled softly, enjoying the new atmosphere as i walked up to a headstone who's identification had been ruined by time.

the date of death was barely legible, but i managed to make out the year 1412. there were also designs etched into the stone. they looked religious, but i hadn't been able to pinpoint them at all.

it was the oldest grave here, and because i didn't know where the body had rested, i always apologized for where i stepped whenever i arrived.

i nicknamed the grave 'rain' quite a while ago since it always rained when i came to this graveyard. not a damning rain, but an atmospheric, mood setting rain.

the nighttime air around me seemed colder than normal as i pulled out my notebook and a mini-textbook. i let out a soft sigh as i leaned against the headstone, quickly starting to write my notes.

~

a few hours passed and the chill of the air around me had become more dramatic. i had begun to shiver slightly as i set both of my books down and searched in my bag for a jacket.

"are you cold?" a voice spoke from behind me. i paused, turning around after a moment. behind me and the gravestone was a man with horns, a tail, and a silver mask covering everything on his face but his eyes and mouth.

my jaw dropped slightly, the creature in front of me smiling softly as he took off his jacket while walking by me.

the creature sat next to me, his tail curling around his body and tucking under his legs.

"you come here a lot." he said. i nodded slightly, reaching forward to close my books. though, the creature in front of me beat me to them.

he picked up the textbook, glancing over the pages before turning back one.

"satanism? do you practice?" he asked. i stayed quiet, still shocked by how there was someone in front of me that wasn't human.

"i suppose you could be researching the markings on my grave as well." the creature nodded to the grave next to me. i looked at the stone before looking back at the being looking through my textbook.

"you- this is your grave?" i asked. he nodded, humming softly. "oh- i.. i'm so sorry if i disturbed you. i think i should go-" i panicked, quickly moving to start packing my stuff.

"no." the creature said. i looked up. "no?" i asked. "no." he repeated. "but-" i started. "you keep me company. 605 years without anyone gets very lonely." he told me. i stared at him, doing math in my head.

"but.. 1412 was 610 years ago..." i trailed off. he nodded. "yes. and you've been coming here for 5 years. you visiting me gave me a home with other ghouls, so i thank you." he smiled at me. i slowly nodded and he quickly continued after my shocked silence.

"what's your name, dove?" the ghoul softly asked. "um.. i'm y/n.." i mumbled. he smiled. "and what do you call that grave? i believe i've heard you greet me before, i just never caught the name." he smiled.