꒰ ͜͡➸ darkness at the heart

————————

- swiss :)

- fluff-ish

- 963 words!

- i've seen this
idea floating around,
but i can't find who/where
i read it from first, so that's
my bad :')

————————

"i will always watch over you, y/n." he spoke, he golden eyes staring into yours. you smiled and nodded, leaning into his hand as he cupped your cheek.

he was tall and always kept his helmet on, but you could see his glowing yellow eyes at all times. his tail would always be close to you, making sure to keep you nearby and away from the dangers of whatever mischief the two of you partook in. he said that if he ever took off his helmet, you'd be scared and never want to see him again. you tried to disagree, but he always put his foot down and told you to move on. you complied, not wanting to make your friend mad.

you didn't actually know his name. there was no need to say his name, so why would you know it? he was your friend you saw every now and then. he kept you safe and happy.

he was safe.

happy, too. he was always grinning from ear to ear and making jokes. it was one of your favorite things about him.

he smiled softly back, pulling you into a hug and resting his chin on the crown of your head. you hugged him back, holding him tight. a soft rumbling sounded in the creature's chest as his tail brushed against your calf protectively, his eyes closed as he felt content.

that is until he heard the sounds of rumbling thunder.

the creature's eyes snapped open and flicked around, his arms hugging you tighter as his tail wrapped around your ankle.

"y/n," the creature spoke. you hummed, pulling away and looking up at him. his golden eyes stared into yours once again, more serious than before.

"wake up."

your eyes opened and you looked around your dark room.

the sun had set already, your afternoon nap proving to be a lot longer than you had intended.

your stomach rumbling cut off any thoughts you were about to have.

you looked over at your alarm clock, seeing it was 9:45. you sighed and got out of bed, shuffling out of your room and down to the kitchen.

you crept past the living room, seeing your father asleep on the couch. the tv was on, playing some late night talk show you didn't care about.

you sighed in relief as you made it to the kitchen, quickly opening the fridge and pulling out some leftovers. you warmed up the food as fast as you could while still being quiet, smiling victoriously as you grabbed a spoon.

you had managed to keep quiet and let your dad sleep. he wouldn't even know you got food. he would still think you were up in your room all night, keeping away from him. you would be safe from the yell-

the spoon got caught on the counter and fell to the tiled floor with an unreasonably loud clatter.

you froze, staring down at the spoon as you heard your father shoot awake and start storming to the kitchen. you quickly backed out of the kitchen, your eyes wide as your father started yelling at your for being so loud.

you didn't process what he was saying, just what he was doing. he stomped further into the kitchen, picking up the bowl of soup you made and turning to you.

your eyes widened more as you saw the intention he had, your legs stumbling slightly as you started running away.

he yelled at you to come back as he was hot on your heels. as you got to your room and slammed the door, you felt his fist beating on the wood you were leaning against. you locked the door handle as you panted, your eyes welling with tears as you slowly backed away.

though, you froze as you ran into something behind you. something that shouldn't have been there.

you slowly turned around, your eyes widening as you saw the creature from your dreams.

"hello," he smiled. "he bothering you?" he asked. you swallowed and nodded, surprised by the lack of fear in your body.

"i'm swiss," he introduced himself as he grabbed your phone and pulled some headphones out of a bag that was rested against your bed. you'd never seen that bag before.

you flinched as your father hit the door again, his yells seemingly louder as you turned to look at the blockade.

"hey," swiss whispered, his voice overpowering every sound entering your ears. you looked over, most of the adrenaline generated from your father washing away. "don't think about him." swiss told you, gently grabbing your hand and walking you over to your bed. he sat down with you, hovering the headphones by your head.

"keep these on and close your eyes. don't take them off until i'm back, alright?" swiss' gentle voice made a wave of calm wash over you. you nodded. swiss smiled, watching as you closed your eyes. he placed the headphones on your head, starting a song before standing up to his feet and grabbing a baseball bat.

swiss watched as you listened to the guitar, your body starting to sway slightly as you were overwhelmed with relaxation from the calming energy he was pumping into the room around him. swiss smiled as he heard the first lyric through the headphones.

when the summer dies, severing the ties...

swiss turned around, opening the door as his smile dropped into and angry snarl. your father's eyes widened as he saw swiss, the bowl of soup he was holding falling to the ground. swiss watched it fall, the bowl shattering.

"you better hope that song ends quickly. i'll only stop when it does." swiss growled, stepping out into the hall and closing the door.

i'm with you always..

_