꒰ ͜͡➸ they find your goodbye letter *TW*

this is a heavy trigger warning. mentions of sewerslide and sewerslide letters.

this is a very heavy chapter. the ghouls are portrayed in extreme emotional distress which can change how you look at them in very dramatic ways. i do not wish to ruin any of the ghouls for anyone, so this is your last warning.

proceed with caution. there's no shame in knowing your limits.

this is a request by someone who wishes to stay anonymous. therefore, it has nothing to do with the timeline i have goingm.   i hope this exceeds your expectations xx

with all that said, do not hesitate to reach out if you're thinking these life-threatening thoughts. your life is worth *so* much in this world.

you deserve to keep going. you deserve to fight this battle and win. you're strong enough for this. keep fighting. don't back down.

—RAIN—

- as soon as he realized what it was he broke down into gut wrenching sobs.
- he found it on your bed and it looked relatively old. he was too late, he thought.
- once he could see through his tears he was up, running around the ministry yelling your name as he cried.

"Y/N! Y/N PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SATAN ANSWER ME!" rain sobbed, heaving as he raced around trying to find you, the letter gripped in his hand.

you hadn't mentioned him. not a single thought about him was in the letter. did he make you that miserable? did he make you hate yourself so much that you killed yourself?

eventually, rain's shoulder crashed into a corner and he slammed against a nearby wall, letting himself crumble as he dissolved into sobs once again.

"he ran this way. i can hear him." dew's worried voice filtered through the multitude of thoughts in his head. "he was yelling for you, i didn't know what to do." dew continued.

then he rounded the corner, you right on his heels with an extremely worried look on your face.

rain's breath was knocked out of his lungs.

"y/n.." he breathed, scrambling up and running over to you, crushing you in a hug as he collapsed in your arms.

"rain, hey- raindrop, what's wrong?" you whispered, quickly taking his helmet off and tossing it on the ground so you could see his eyes. dew gave rain one last nervous look before nodding at you and quickly walking off.

"you.. you said you were going to kill yourself.." rain cried, not loosening his grip on you no matter how much you tried to look at his face. "what? rain, what are you talking about?" you asked, even more worried. what on earth had you said to make him genuinely believe you were going to end your life?

rain shakily pulled away, still gripping onto you with one of his clawed hands as he held the piece of paper between your bodies.

confused, you stared into his eyes for a moment before taking the paper and quickly reading it over.

your eyes widened.

lucifer, didn't you throw this away?! how the hell did rain find it? where was it? how did it get to the ministry?

"rain.. i- this was before i met you. way before. you're the reason i threw this away. meeting you kept me here, rain." you whispered, looking up at him. tears continued down his face as he stared at you, his eyes red from the tears irritation.