꒰ ͜͡➸ public misery

————————

-copia

-angst

-520 words!

- terzo's death

- requested by
@/Elliot183 !

————————

tears welled in copia's eyes.

no.. no..

he wasn't dead. he couldn't be. he promised he'd stay and help copia. he promised!

copia didn't even think about the fact that he was showing emotion in front of all the siblings of sin and ghouls as he darted his eyes around the chapel to find you.

imperator had just told the clergy and the rest of the ministry of terzo's 'unfortunate passing.'

copia knew she did it. satan, he knew. and he prayed that satan wouldn't show her any mercy. copia was damn close to getting on his knees at the chapel and begging lucifer to drag her to hell. to make her suffer for what she did to his big brother.

when copia's eyes met yours, a gut wrenching sob escaped him, being the first sound in the chapel after imperator broke the news.

all of his ghouls looked over, feeling his pain in their hearts. they all stood to go and comfort their papa, some of them almost making it to him before he stepped away from the clergy and rushed over to you.

you sighed, your own sadness in your heart mixing with the sadness that seeing copia so upset brought you. you opened your arms for your papa, copia collapsing into you and sobbing.

loud, unrelenting, agonizing sobs.

your lip quivered as you shakily soothed copia, the whole chapel quiet aside from his cries.

some saw him as weak for letting his emotions show like this. others, his ghouls and yourself included, found comfort in the fact that their next leader could feel the same way terzo could. they weren't mindless, completely stoic anti-popes like the last three papas had been.

terzo was a breath of fresh air. every single one of the siblings of sin loved him.

copia loved him.

"i can't do this.." copia sobbed into your collar. you sighed shakily, hugging copia tighter.

"you can. you can do this. but mourn first. feel the grief of losing him. it's what you need and it's what he would've wanted." you whispered, holding back your tears as you swallowed the lump in your throat.

copia just cried even more, his ghouls shuffling over and making a wall of privacy for their papa.

copia clutched onto you, sobbing into your body.

you made eye contact with mountain, seeing the tears in his eyes as he hugged aether and dew close to him.

they were the only three ghouls that were still in the band that had been under terzo's reign. they could feel a change in their tune to the world when terzo was killed, but they never knew what it was.

now they did.

tears were falling from dewdrop's eyes as aether cried into mountain's chest. mountain kept his cool, using his abilities to not let himself react the way aether and dew were.

"it-it's okay.. we have copia.. everything will be okay.." mountain whispered, trying to sooth dew and aether, though his voice was shaking.

"it's okay.." mountain whispered, finally breaking down and pulling the two ghouls closer to him as he cried.

_