꒰ ͜͡➸ you surprise them for christmas

this is all gonna be like a 'i can't make it back to the ministry for the holidays but guess what lol here i am' kind of situation.

so, all the ghouls think you won't be there but you show up anyway.

happy holidays, y'all !! i personally celebrate christmas so that's what i'm writing about :) stay warm <33

—RAIN—

- you were on a trip with secondo to a different branch of the ministry.
- you both had planned to come home for christmas but the weather said otherwise.
- rain was completely bummed.
- it pained him that you weren't going to be there for your first anti-cristmuss and it was easy to see.
- which is why you and secondo camped the airport waiting for the first flight you could get back.
- which ended up being a red-eye.
- you both were very tired.

rain sighed, overcome with sadness as he woke up on christmas morning. his eyes opened slowly, a startled yelp escaping him as he saw dew leaning over him with a big grin on his face.

"satan, dew. what the hell?" rain groaned, already having a headache. dew's smile just widened as he collapsed onto the water ghoul, hugging him.

"merry christmas, rain." dew mumbled, squeezing as tight as he could. rain hugged dew back, confused as to how affectionate he was being.

"merry christmas, dew. why are you so lovey?" rain asked. "no reason," dew shook his head, sitting up. "you have a present in the common room and everyone agreed that you get to open it as soon as you get there." dew smiled.

rain sighed, trying to smile back at the fire ghoul, though the hole in his heart was ever present with your absence.

dew's smile disappeared as he noticed the forced happiness on rain's face.

"just come down whenever you're ready, man. i know it's tough not having her here." dew spoke softly, backing up off of rain as he sat up.

rain glanced up at dew, trying not to tear up as he nodded. dew smiled softly, patting rain on the shoulder before leaving rain's room.

~

rain sighed, rubbing his eyes under his mask as he stepped into the common room. when he looked up, he saw all the band ghouls and ghoulettes and a few ghouls from older generations; ifrit, omega, alpha, and zephyr—though most ghouls called him chair.

"hi rain." aether smiled. "hey." rain waved, not bothering to smile. "are you ready for your present?" mountain asked, tilting his head. rain nodded, sitting on the couch next to dew.

dew grinned, practically bouncing around as he tried to stay still while looking over at omega. the older ghoul smiled, nodding his head. dew's grin widened as he jumped to his feet, running around to the bar and walking behind it.

"close your eyes!" sunshine smiled. rain sighed, doing so and letting his head drop so he would be looking at his lap.

after a few moments, rain felt a hand on his shoulder. rain raised his head, opening his eyes only to see you holding a wrapped box with a bow on it.

rain gasped, jumping back into the couch as his jaw dropped. you smiled, trying to blink away the tears in your eyes.

"hey, raindrop.." you whispered. "y/n.." rain breathed. "yeah," you laughed breathlessly. "i'm here. and i got you a present." you smiled, holding out the wrapped box.