꒰ ͜͡➸ surprise

————————

- dew :]

- fluff <3

- 790 words!

- no trigger warnings

- requested by
@/spence_yohhhh !
(everyone say happy
birthday)

————————

you sighed to yourself as you walked through the halls of the ministry, feeling a bit sad.

it was your birthday, and a very important practice had been scheduled. it ran all day, leaving you no time to spend with your dear dew or the other ghouls. you didn't know any of the older generations of ghouls, so you were left on your own.

you turned a corner, hastily apologizing as you almost ran into someone.

"it's okay, flower." the soothing voice of your favorite earth ghoul spoke. you looked up, your eyes widening as you saw mountain.

"mountain? i thought you guys were in practice?" you asked. he nodded. "we are. papa is having swiss, aether, and dew practice an acoustic 'he is.' the firelily wanted me to come get you." mountain explained. you nodded, letting mountain take your arm in his and walk you through the halls.

"swiss, that isn't high enough. just a bit more. aeth', how're the girls doing on the cake?? papa, the L.E.D.s don't need to be the perfect shade of f/c, it's okay. has anyone seen mountain??" dew spouted out, his eyes darting all over the room. though, he calmed down as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"it's okay, dew. everything looks great." rain smiled softly at the panicked fire ghoul. aether nodded, walking over as swiss climbed down from the ladder after getting a confirming nod from dew on the placement of the happy birthday banner. "he's right. the cake is almost done, they're getting the frosting perfect." aether smiled, his heart swelling at the fact that dew was throwing a surprise birthday party for you. "and you sent mountain to get y/n," swiss teased, a big grin on his face. dew took a deep breath, nodding as he looked around the room.

rain was right, it looked great. there were your favorite color decorations everywhere, a giant pile of presents about 5 feet away from the burning fire place, copia has placed L.E.D. strips along the crease of the ceiling and wall that could be activated when you reached a certain area of the room, and the girls had made the perfect cake for you. there was a table for snacks with a cheese board and crackers, some chips and salsa, a fruits and veggies platter, and a plate of all your favorite candies.

the girls walked in, brushing their hands off with big smiles on their faces.

"the cake is done?" dew asked. cirrus nodded, giving copia an appreciative smile as the fourth papa slipped out of the room. dew sighed in relief, that being the last thing he was worried about. well, not including you not liking the party.

dew's ear twitched as he heard your voice from down the hall.

"mountain, where are we going?"

"EVERYONE HIDE!"

mountain smiled at you, not answering your question. you rolled your eyes, knowing you weren't going to get an answer from the earth ghoul. you trusted him though, so you followed closely.

"isn't this the part of the catacombs that's off limits?" you asked. "not for ghouls," mountain hummed. you looked up at the earth ghoul, getting a grin back. his enlarged canines just added to the mischief in his demeanor, making you laugh softly at how the very well behaved ghoul looked the exact opposite.

you went to say something else, but mountain cut you off. "we're here," he smiled, turning the knob of a door you'd never been through before. as it opened, mountain nudged you so you'd walk in first.

a bit nervous, you stepped into the room, yelping in surprise as the lights flicked on and all the band ghouls jumped out, yelling; "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

your shocked expression quickly morphed into confused happiness as all the ghouls swarmed you, taking turns giving you hugs. though, everything felt right when dew walked up to you, a slightly nervous smile on his face.

"happy birthday, angel," he whispered as he hugged you. "thank you, dew," you smiled, hugging your ghoul back.

"do you like it?" dew asked as he pulled away from the hug and looked to the room. the rest of the ghouls had moved away to entertain themselves, all of them laughing and smiling happily. "i'm sorry if you don't. i've never done anytbing like this before." dew preemptively apologized, his tail flicking slightly.

"i love it, dew. don't worry. i'm really happy i get to spend time with you and everyone else today." you reassured your ghoul, his smile becoming more genuine as he watched you look around the room in awe.

dew grabbed your hand, pulling you further into the room as swiss yelled; "YEAH! PARTY FOR THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!"

_