꒰ ͜͡➸ new blood

————————

- rain:)

- fluff<3

- 3640 words!

- don't worry, y'all,
another part of fallen
tales will be out soon :)

- requested by
@/JeanIsWrong !!

————————

y/n was a timid ghoulette. she was the second ever water ghoulette to be summoned for the band, but there was already a bassist for this generation—so why summon her?

she didn't speak to anyone but copia, and even then it was quiet mumbles and one word answers. she didn't feel like she belonged. the other water ghoul, rain, didn't try speak to her, he was always talking with the fire ghoul and the earth ghoul. sometimes multi, but that was only when they thought they were alone.

of course they didn't see her, she was invisible to everyone—even the other ghoulettes.

maybe she pushed them away. she didn't want to get attached.

"y/n, would you like to start pinnacle?" copia asked. you looked up from your shimmery black bass, glancing at rain. he was already looking at you, giving you a nod.

"um.. okay.." you mumbled, nodding. "perfect." copia smiled, nodding at the earth ghoul to start a gentle metronome.

you started easily, making sure not to look up at any of the ghouls or papa as you played.

you'd trip over yourself and mess up the song, which would make everyone mad at you. how embarrassing would that be? your first time starting a song and you fuck it up.

they'd probably talk about you, the other ghouls. you'd go to your room and they'd laugh at you.

fuck, shut up.. you thought to yourself. you know they wouldn't do that. they tried being nice but you were too fucking shy to answer.

you knew your mind wanted to go on, but both it and your playing was cut off as you cut yourself on one of your sharper frets.

you hissed, quickly turning the volume to your bass off as you looked at your ring finger.

nobody noticed that there was one less layer to the bass part of the song, seeing as rain was playing the same part as you.

you stared at the blood seeping from your finger before you shook your hand out, putting your bass down and slipping out of the practice room, hoping nobody noticed.

"fucking hell.." you grumbled, pulling your sleeve down and putting it over the cut on your finger, applying pressure so it wouldn't bleed as much.

rain watched as you quickly put your bass down and left the practice room while cradling your hand. he turned up the volume to his bass so nobody would stop the song due to the lack of the lower strings. he didn't want to run this song again.

"that was perfect!" copia smiled, putting his mic into the stand as rain set his bass on the stand, slipping out of the room to go looking for you.

he tracked your scent, ending up at the kitchens.

rain slowly walked in, looking around as he stepped carefully as to not startle you. the water ghoul made it to the back where the dishwashing station and storage was, finding you wrapping your finger.

"are you okay?" rain asked. you jumped, turning around quickly. your tail was rigid as your shoulders were slightly raised. "sorry- i'm sorry.." rain raised his hands up, showing he meant to harm to you.