2.20

"Eh?" Helena was confused when suddenly Ribena appeared in front of her.

"What's wrong Helena?" Emperor Ardan asked since he knew Ribena was supposed to follow Hileo.

".........." Helena didn't reply but out of nowhere she suddenly burst into tears.

"Helena what happened?" Emperor Ardan became worried. His instinct told him things might be bad.

"Daddy huff Daddy, fight demonic monster. Th-the people, swords stab huff Daddy," with much difficulty, Helena said in a low voice.

But all the people around her could hear it.

Before they could said anything, suddenly there was a commotion erupted around them.

"Run! It's demonic energy!"

"What the hell is the priest doing?!"

"Tell the emperor! Quick!"

A knight captain immediately went inside the royal tent to report the current situation, "We got report from Count Aragon's butler that they were currently fending off as many demonic monsters as they could along with the heretics. There might be a few that went lose and attack the nobles and civilians. We currently can't evacuate since the demonic monster seems to have surround the area."

Emperor Ardan didn't reply straight away. Despite being worry, he knew Hileo wasn't weak. Hirza looked fine which mean he still can sense Hileo. Helena is a bit soft hearted so no wonder she would burst into tears hearing Hileo got stabbed.

"Gather everyone in the area, here. We will reduce the area needed to be protected by gathering everyone into a close proximity. The knights will be separated into two. One go exterminate the monsters the other will protect the people. Now go."

"We will abide by your order your Majesty."

"Your Majesty, please allow me to go exterminate the monster and help my brother," Deon said when Emperor Ardan didn't seem to have any intention to use him.

"Help your brother? Why didn't I know you are so kind Marquise Krishgar? Didn't you want to kill Hileo the most. Hirza put down that poison needle," Emperor Ardan said when he realized Hirza tried to shoot poison needles towards Deon.

"He wanted to kill Daddy."

"Your Daddy will finish this guy himself. You stay put and protect Helena. Control your emotion too."

Everyone was shocked seeing how strict and unbridle Emperor Ardan was when talking to a six years old.

"How can you talk like that to a kid?" Deon didn't intend to explain himself. He knew everyone thought he hated Hileo but it was the opposite.

He felt guilty instead.

For not being a good brother, for not protecting his younger brother. For being a coward and make his younger brother to suffer.

So that was why he will do whatever he could for his brother. He will even kill the emperor if he needed to in order to make his brother be free and happy.

Hileo in Deon's mind was an innocent young man who didn't have a complex mind unlike the emperor who was widely known as a heartless and scheming man who can even kill his own wife.

Deon never even once thought of the possibility of these two men being together and same sex relationship was almost unheard of to him.

"He is Hileo's son, Hileo's successor. He's different. You stay here and protect these two instead of making more trouble outside."