2.14

"Did you ask Emilia to be your partner tonight? I ask you to book a dress for Emilia didn't I?" Hiveta asked her son who just finished dressing up.

"Aren't I going with you mom?" Deon was confused.

Hiveta couldn't help but squinted her eyes, "Don't tell me you expect to have the first dance with me? You have a fiancé for God's sake Deon. What the hell did you do?"

"I'm busy lately mom so I forgot adn Emilia didn't seem to want to attend the banquet either."

"How do you know? Did she tell you or you're just guessing?"

Deon didn't reply and remained silent. Hiveta also didn't press on the issue anymore and focus on the banquet.

She looked around and didn't see Annisa nor her family members and this made her felt slightly uneasy for some reason.

"We welcome the Saintess of God of Light into the banquet hall," the guard announced while opening the entrance where a pink haired young lady walking in followed by her entourage of priests.

"So that is the new Saintess."

"It's my first time seeing a Saintess up front like this."

"As expected of a Saintess. She's the most beautiful lady I've ever seen."

Saintess Edora was currently adorning  a white robe that have minimal and intiricate golden embroideries along its hem and sleeves. She has a light but captivating smile on her face the whole time and her purple eyes seems to shine like bright diamonds reflecting the stars at night.

When her eyes met Deon's eyes midways, she immediately smiled wider, seeing someone she familiar with among the faces she never seen. She immediately walked towards Deon and Hiveta.

"It's been a while Marquise and Marchioness. I hope you've been well," she greeted them.

"I thanks the Saintess once again for your help and kind concern," Hiveta replied politely since she didn't feel comfortable with all the attention brought by the Saintess.

She only came to the banquet because of Annisa and her son.

Deon also didn't say anything much and just waited for the banquet to start.

The royal banquet started when the emperor entered the banquet hall.

"The brightest Sun of the empire, Emperor Ardan Von Zephyros is entering the hall."

"The small Sun of the empire, crown prince Javier Von Zephyros is entering the hall."

"Long live and bless the sun of the empire." everyone greeted the emperor and crown prince.

"We're here today to celebrate the birth of a new hero ordained by the Church. Come a front, Marquise Deon Krishgar, the new Hero, the one who will use the light of God to cleanse the world. We also need to thanks the Saintess for coming here and bless us with her presence."

The nobles listen carefully to what the emperor said. It took them a moment to clap when they saw the emperor indeed seem sincere to support the new hero.

They clapped their hands when Marquis Krishgar and Saintess Edora stood respectfully in front of the emperor, facing the guests.

  - Clap!

  - Clap!

"Hey where is that Helldog?"

"He still not arrive or he doesn't plan on even attending?"