2.13

"Marquise Krishgar, how long should we wait? The people are suffering and we need to end their suffering," one noble man said.

"Yes we need to move fast before that damned emperor's Helldog manage to sniff us out and massacres everyone."

"Instead of directly targeting the emperor, why not we target that Helldog instead. Here is the capital so he can't have all his arsenals here and let his territory being abandoned. He only bring just enough personal for security and we can easily overwhelmed them."

"That's a good idea. We can directly eliminate one main obstacle-"

Deon immediately interjected, "No, it still too risky. What if the emperor suddenly declare a war if something did happen to Hileo? Won't that cause a catastrophes to the common citizens? The traces of the last eight year war can still be found all over the empire and now you want to cause a war again?"

"That's only what if. We can prevent that by killing the emperor after we finish eliminating his dog. What are you afraid of, Marquise Krishgar? That guy is nothing without the emperor. He had no political power whatsoever."

"Don't worry Marquise Krishgar, our main objective is to find the emperor's weakness and to do that, we need someone that close to the emperor."

"We need more intel but I also think targeting Count Aragon seems to be a bit rush. He's an unpredictable man so we might fall into a trap instead."

"Let my people do this. They are adept in intel gathering and from a few days of observation, Count Aragon's mansion's security aren't that tight and we already investigate the path used by guarding knights and servants to enter and exit the mansion," Count Donovan suggested while smiling smugly.

Deon couldn't help but clenched his hand. However, he couldn't continue disagreeing, "It seems Count Donovan seems well prepared. I will be waiting for your success."

"Haha, thank you Marquise Krishgar. I hope you can lend me some more workforce. A few more gred B knights seem to be good."

"Of course. Tell me if you want more help," Deon instantly agree.

The meeting soon adjourned after all of them came into a tacit agreement about the next plan.

"Marquise Krishgar seem to be in a hurry," Count Donovan said when he saw Deon immediately left after the meeting ended.

"He isn't a lazy Lord like you. As far as I know, he personally visit the farmers and workers in his territory before planning any improvement for the territory," one noble said before laughing.

"Tsk, aside than that, it was fortunate that he hates his brother and we can take advantage of that but will you only collect some intel? Why not blow a hit while the iron is hot," another noble said.

"As if I will waste my time just for a meager unknown intel about the emperor so call weakness. Obviously I will kill at least one of that dog's children. They said the servants in the palace saw that dog brought those kids to show them to the emperor," Count Donovan said with a smirk on his face.

"As expected of Count Donovan. We wish you the best of luck."

"It was fortunate that we didn't get caught yet for having a connection with those heretics. Should we ask them to fasten their plan and make it a two way attack?"

"Don't be too hasty. Let's do it step by step. Marquise Krishgar might finished us if he knew we help those heretics and even funded them."

  - Clang