2.10 🔞

"Hm? Your highness wanted to learn swordsmanship from me? Didn't you know I never formally learn swordsmanship? Isn't it better to ask for His Majesty to spar with you instead?"

"A-ask imperial father? How can I? Imperial father is already so busy," Prince Javier didn't expect Hileo would say that.

"Why not? Don't worry, he can make time if he wanted to. Plus, your Highness palace has better security system and guards than his Majesty's palace. I prefer him to stay there from time to time. It will be a bit chaotic this time around."

"My palace is better?" Prince Javier was confused.

"Of course. I lived on the battlefield almost half of my life so with a glance I knew your Highness's palace is the safest out of all the other palaces. That's why the emperor put you there. Don't you know how many assassins had come to kill his Majesty so far?"

"No I don't."

Of course Prince Javier didn't know. The failed assassination never made known to others except only among the emperor most trusted people.

"Try having a spar with his Majesty first and after he said you're decent enough, you can have a spar with me. My fighting style is crude and based on instinct that I hone during the war so I might injured you if you're too weak."

Prince Javier didn't feel disheartened but on the contrary, he felt like Hileo was easier to talk to.

"Count Aragon, I heard that you have children," he asked curiously.

"Yes, both of them are younger than your Highness but you can summon them to the palace if you want to," Hileo didn't mind the crown prince being close to his children.

He wanted to see whether the crown prince would still kill his own father after this.

He knew the crown prince only wanted a genuine family affection and the emperor failed to show him that.

Plus, during this time around, the crown prince seems to still not have any connection with the rebellion yet.

"I can?"

"Hn."

"What should I prepare?" He seems excited.

The crown prince never had any friends due to the emperor's overprotectiveness but he instead felt the emperor didn't like him so he was not allowed to make friends.

Thus Hileo felt slight pity towards the crown prince. He was like a canary inside a golden cage, never knowing how dangerous the world he lived in and Hileo decided to slowly teach him that.

"My son Hirza is six and my daughter Helena is five. Just prepare some pudding and cookies with tea suitable for kids. They are not picky."

"Should I prepare presents for them?"

"No. But you can do that next time after you get to know them better."

"I see. Thank you for the advice Count Aragon. Can I come to you more for advice?"

"No."

"Oh. I apologized. You must be busy."

"That's not it. I can give you advice but sometimes I can't give the best advice since I'm not a royal so the best person you can get an advice from is your father."

"But father-"

"Have you ever try asking him for advice?"

"No."