1.19

"This Kang Hajin sure is slippery. He immediately moved his money around as if he is making real transaction," Ha Jinwoo said.

"Well, if he is stupid, he should have died before. But now he already got up almost unscathed while you and Kang Dowon still stuck in the hospital," Choi Hye Sung commented.

'By the way master, that old man Chairman Kang stealthily put a hidden camera in here. Are you going to keep on blabbering about his grandson?' Choi Hye Sung asked telepathically.

He is a system thus his consciousness linked with his master host. That was why he could detect if Ha Jinwoo was in danger and communicate telepathically.

"I really don't want to be bother by him even though I sensed something from him. I just thought since he is Dowon's nephew so he mustn't be that bad. But hold and behold, he's a devil wearing an angel mask."

"Ehem, don't you think it's inappropriate talking about him while you're still holding Kang Dowon's hand?" Master! What are you doing?! Chairman Kang is listening to what you're saying!

"He's my lover. Shouldn't I tell him if someone is bad to him? Should I just let my lover trust that kind of guy? Who cares about blood ties? Seriously Choi Hye Sung?"

"Hey hey don't look at me like that. I know I'm not a saint. I also have done a few questionable things including causing my own father to be imprisoned but I still adhere to a bottom line. No killing. We're not in the 70s where the cartels and mafias were just killing people everyday just like drinking and eating."

"So am I doing anything wrong? I just want to investigate the person who caused my lover to be in coma. I warned him by giving a little prank that I'm sure will just caused a bit pain. But looked at what he had done. Even a group of gunners and two trucks. If I wasn't with Dowon, he might've die."

"Alright. So what will we do next? I mean it's hard to trace all those money moving around and some of the partner investors are actually legit and trustworthy."

"Tsk, we start with Bang Jong Suk's entertainment company Xingyu Entertainment," Ha Jinwoo decided.

In the plot, Xingyu Entertainment was the company where Ha Jungwoo got contracted as an actor. The resources were good and so did the promotional activity and budget but there was a huge downside: the company hold too much power over their artists.

All jobs must be accepted by their agents which meant, the advanced fee would go to the agent's pocket. The company also took 90% of the profit on top of having the artists sometimes pay for 'extra' expenditure.

For example for food or for extra outfits when something happened.

The artists were pushed to work without any break days in order to become popular faster and those who didn't achieved target goal would be used as 'companion' for wealthy sponsors.

"This company is basically slaving their artists. But the profit they produced is enormous. What do you want to do with this company?"

"It hard to pit him since he didn't really show anything suspicious. He seems to prefer acting as behind the scene big boss. His deed is even harder to trace since this company used *bearer share. If I wasn't investigating this company because of Bang Jong Suk, I might not released it actually related to Kang Hajin."

*(whoever hold the physical certificate have the full ownership. It make it hard to know who owns the company if the certificate owner decided to hide it unlike normal shares when the ownership had to be registered and can be known to the public.)

Ha Jinwoo was saying the truth. He never thought that the company that treated the protagonist poorly was actually owned by Kang Hajin since in the plot, it was described how Kang Hajin on a whim decided to buy Xingyu Entertainment shares because he was interested in Ha Jungwoo.