2: Chapter 19

"Incendio!" I keep casting towards the torches lining the vault. It appears to travel down quite a distance. Whether this is real or an illusion, I'm not quite sure.

The further I get, the more I hear whispers dancing along the walls of the vault, playing on my ear drums. The pendant hanging from my mother's necklace begins to hum against my chest.

I know this sound all too well.

Sure enough, with every step that I take, more ancient magic appears on the ground. Each step wisps a swirl of it that dances around my ankles.

The vault is still visible to me, but darkened as I get closer to the source of magic. Standing in front of a large door like structure I see that the surface is like glass. I take one deep breath in through my nose, and blow it out from my mouth. I know exactly what type of glass "door" this is.

I reach out my hand slowly towards it, then stop. I can't help but feel drawn towards the magic, a strange feeling for me. Maybe it's from taking all the magic in the Repository? My body craving more?

Either way I know exactly where I'm going with this. Sebastian and Felix should be plenty preoccupied with the artifacts by now, it shouldn't hurt to just check it out.

With my hand still lifted, I felt my fingers with blue magic stretching between them. I firmly press it against the glass doorway melting it away to reveal a new room, my body falling through and the passageway closing again behind me. I turn around to take one last look at the vault through the mirage, then turn to take in my surroundings.

I'm in a grand room that looks much like the trials that I would have to face before with the Keepers. To the right and left of the room, are the same enchanted statues of armor that I know all too well.

"Hmm, this should be fun." I have a lot more magic than I did then, which should hopefully prove useful.

"Hello, friends." I say, stepping towards them. Two of them come to life, unsheathing their large axes and walking towards me.

I throw my arms to my sides and shake them. I haven't activated my ancient magic much at all since the fight with Xaiden, and being put into a coma.

The blue magic starts sparking at my fingertips as I flex my fingers out and to the inside of my palms over and over again. That's not the only place where it starts glowing, though.

I look down to see that the pendant on my chest glows the same as well.

Before I can study it for too long, I hear the clang of metal before me. I shoot my eyes up and raise my left palm before me, and push the enchanted statue away with a small blast of magic.

Reaching out my right palm, I do the same to the other statue that had been walking towards me.

With one hand I use my magic to grab one of the statues, lifting him up into the air and smashing down to the ground. I grab the other now with magic through my right hand and push forward my left, blasting magic through it's chest. The statue crumbles to the ground with the other.

"So?" I ask out, my body energized and breathing steady. "Who is next?"

Two more statues come to life as I walk closer to them, metal and stone clanking as they step down from their pedestals. I move myself to a ready stance then stop still when two large thuds slam down behind my back.

I twist my body around to see giant statues about three times the size stalking behind me. "You've got to be kidding me.."

I turn back towards the smaller ones and hurl my body forward, tucking my body into a roll. I dodge a blow by one of the smaller statues and quickly stand to my feet.