Chapter 39

We race back to Marunweem, where the main battle is taking place.

The other aurors are doing a good job fending off the dark wizards, some of them have clearly been training with Xaiden. The magic from their casts closely resembles his own, however not quite as powerful.

Sebastian takes off next to Sharp, who is fighting off three wizards on his own.

Felix and I land close to where the main battle is taking place. I see several dark wizards on the ground unconscious or dead, and some of our own aurors in the same condition. This is bad.

I take one look at Felix, and off we go. We each have our wand in one hand and balled up magic zapping in the other. Felix and I are a flurry of ancient magic, cross crossing with each other. He shoots at one with his wand, and I finish him off with my magic.

We move like this through the horde of dark wizards, trying to clear out as many as we can to aid the aurors that are left to fight. I'm astonished at how many dark wizards there are, and convinced that he had recruited them across the lands when traveling with Felix. The whole time Felix was oblivious to his hidden agenda.

The thought angers me even more, and I start picking up my pace. I discard my wand in my robe and conjure magic in both of my fists, feeling it rush through my entire body. Just as I did with Sharp in training, I start hurling magic from both of my fists one after the other.

I'm stopped dead in my tracks when I hear a painful yell from across the field, one that I pick up on instantly among the others. I snap my head in its direction and see Sebastian on the ground, holding his left side where there's a clear wound oozing out dark red blood. Sharp is next to him instantly, and follows Sebastian's gaze as they both look at me.

I run towards Sebastian, in the same fashion as I did fighting off the wizards the moment before, throwing my magic to push anyone out of my way. I have to get to Sebastian.

I throw myself on the ground. Sebastian's color is starting to drain from his face as he's clutching his side, but thankfully he is still coherent. "Hold on, my love. It's going to be okay. I'm right here." I reach for his other hand with tears welling in my eyes, as Sharp fumbles in his satchel. He pulls out a wiggenweld potion and holds it to Sebastian's lips, he drinks it eagerly.

There are more screams coming from the distance, and I look around horrified. The dark wizards are staring to close in on the aurors, who are putting up just enough of a fight to hold them off momentarily.

An idea pops into my head, it may be impulsive, it may not even work. But I have to try.

I lean down and kiss Sebastian's lips, his face slowly regaining color as the potion takes effect. "I love you Sebastian Sallow."

"Y/n." He says, trying to lean up to face me. I stand from the ground, looking directly at Sharp. He seems to already have an understanding of what I'm about to propose.

"You know the potential consequences of this." He says to me sternly.

"I have to try. You know this." I respond to him, eager for his compliance as there's more yelling around us and wizards falling down on both sides of the battle.

Sharp reaches out his hand and places it on my arm, squeezing gently. He is not a man to ever show any signs of affection, so I take this gesture as a clear sign of the grown love for me.

I offer him the best smile that I can, a smile of sorrow. "I know." I respond to his gesture. He removes his hand.

"Very well, I shall pull the others back." I turn to Sebastian, lean down and place one last kiss on his forehead.

"Y/n." He says again reaching out his hand towards me as I stand up. I take it and squeeze it, then let go.

Sharp stops me before I'm about to depart. "Y/n, one last thing."

I wait eagerly for him to finish. "You found your control. And I'm so proud of you." He breathes out. "Now lose it. Lose control."

I nod in understanding, and to start running towards Felix to share my plan with him. "Y/N!!" Sebastian screams after me, which squeezes my heart so hard I wince.

I reach Felix who is casting his magic so gracefully he almost looks as if it's choreographed. "Felix!" He immediately stops, panting, when he sees me.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks in worry.

"Look around, Felix." He follows my order and surveys the battle around him. "We have to end this."

"Well I'm certainly open for suggestions, little sis." He grunts at me while he slings magic at a wizard running towards us. They fall down to the ground.

"Felix.. do you remember what happened during our training? With our magic?"

"When we collided? You don't think.. it's a suicide mission, y/n. I cannot allow you to do that." I stands protectively over me, my shadow of a brother.

"It's our only choice now. We end this for good, or they're just going to keep coming back. They'll hurt more people and the world will continue to suffer." I desperately yell at him. He stands before me contemplating for too long.

"Alright. Tell me what we have to do." I share with Felix my idea and glance over to see Sharp and a few aurors casting Protego Horrribilis over the other aurors that remain. And my love, Sebastian. Who is screaming and I have to look away before I change my mind.

The dark wizards focus their attention on the dome of protection that's been conjured, trying to throw casts to break through. This offers Felix and I the perfect opportunity to move around the army of them.

Felix takes a bit of time to run to the opposite side, then I see his signal from the far end over the pitch black crowd of mad wizards in the middle. His right fist raises above his head with a ball of bright grey magic.

I do the same with my own, then he quickly pulls down his arm and I do the same, taking off in a sprint towards the mass of wizards.

I cast Protego around myself as I push through their limbs, which proves difficult. I need to ready myself with my magic. As I'm running I blast it out to my sides to clear those around me. Then I make eye contact with Felix, who is sprinting towards me as part of our plan.

I muster up all of the magic I have in my body, feeling it burning through me like hot magma.

Lose control. I replay Sharp's words in my head.

The magic rips out of my body, now covering every visible part of my skin. I start yelling from the surge of power coming out of me. Felix has pulled all of the strength from his magic as well.

We reach each other, slamming our bodies and throttling our magic against each other with as much force as we have left in us. It causes an explosion of white light around us, our blue and grey magic combing and combusting at the same time. The explosion disintegrates all that is around us. Much the same as the explosion from my own body when I would lose control of it before. But it's greatly magnified.

My body falls to the ground, I can feel my head hitting it hard and my mind slipping away. The last thing I see is the protective shield falling down, and Sebastian sprinting straight towards me.

Then nothing.