2: Chapter 12 (Spice warning)

Sebastian did not want to speak to me after we returned to Hogwarts. He very curtly told me he was tired and headed off to his dorm room.

I lay in bed this morning replaying our argument in my head. Had I been too quick to judge his actions? He was being an ass. He wasn't wrong though, when he said this is his passion.

Sebastian has always loved learning about magic, all different sorts of magic. It utterly fascinates him. I know Sebastian, and I know I have to trust him. He must feel entirely betrayed.

I throw the covers off my body and drop my legs to the side of my bed.

"Hey, sleepy head!" I snap my head in the direction of a bossy female voice, a smile immediately spreads across my face.

"Imelda!" I jump up from the bed and walk across the room to embrace her. If Imelda has returned, that must mean the other students will start returning soon as well.

"You missed me that much?" Imelda grins, releasing me and walking towards her trunk to begin unpacking some clothes of hers. "Here!" She throws a box towards me, roughly, and I look down to examine it.

"Chocolates.. from Honeydukes?" I look back up at her.

"There's a bunch more where those came from. My brothers stocked up over the Holiday break. My mum sent them home with us, said she didn't need them lying around. Hey.. what's wrong? I just gave you Honeydukes finest chocolates, you have no reason to be looking at them like that."

"Sebastian would love some of these.." I trail off.

"Oh Merlin, what did Sallow do now?" I look up at Imelda as she places her hands on her hips. I sigh at her.

"For once, it wasn't him." I walk back over to my bed and sit on the edge of it, setting the chocolates down next to me.

"Well, that is a surprise. What happened?" Imelda asks. I sit there pondering for a moment.

"Let's just say I said something hurtful, something that negates all the work he's put into himself to be better. Sebastian's really changed this past year, hasn't he." It's a statement more than it is a question.

Imelda walks over to my bed, and sits down next to me. She turns her head to look me in my eyes. "Sebastian was tormented after what happened with his sister. He didn't eat, didn't sleep for several days at a time. He was truly in a dark place. With Professor Weasley and Nurse Blainey's help, they got him to a better enough state to eat, sleep, attend classes again. But was always nose deep in a book, rambling to himself about curses and spells. Then, after whatever happened between you two during 5th year, his energy shifted. He laughs more, he talks more with those around him- not just you and Ominis. I see him enjoying things that he never did before. And, he found love." She nudges me and I smile at her in response.

"I know you see all of these changes. He has done just that, Y/n. He really has changed."

"You're absolutely right." I say to her, while looking straight ahead.

Imelda stands and walks over to her luggage, continuing to pull out snacks and candies from Honeydukes. "So, what was it you said to him?"

"There was a moment, and I guess I kind of.. insinuated that I thought he could be falling into those old patterns." I look down at my feet in shame.

I look back up at her, her body is turned to face me again. "That poor bloke is madly in love with you. So I can imagine how that kind of accusation, coming from you of all people, had to of hurt him."

"Yes, I know. I regretted it immediately, but he was already so upset that I couldn't get a word in. I could tell he wanted space."

Imelda starts laughing at this. "Guys don't know what they want, you have to spell it out for them!" I smile at her, I'm still too upset to really offer a laugh. "I have an idea! Of how you can make it up to him."