Chapter 7

After dinner, the halls of the castle start clearing out. Which makes it perfect for my escape. It's become a nightly routine, leaving the safety of the castle to somewhere dark and secluded, where I can release my magic.

I'm in the ladies bathroom. Leaning against the sink, both hands gripping it, I stare at my reflection. For a second, I swear I can see a hint of blue in my green eyes. The same shade of blue as my ancient magic. Interesting. I must be seeing things, with all that I'm feeling right now.

I had the most amazing day with Sebastian. I reach up with my right hand, touching my lips. Remembering how it felt to have his lips pressed against mine. I never expected to have these feelings for Sebastian. And I never expected for him to feel so good. I wanted more of him, badly.

However the moment we spent together left me in a tizzy. I felt all these new, confusing feelings towards him. Are we friends? Are we something more? What does this mean for our relationship with each other? We just rekindled and I don't want anything to interfere. I don't want to hurt him. Again.

With all of this building up inside of me, I know what I need to do. I grab my wand and with one wave around my body, my clothing changes. I'm now in brown trousers, a black corset tied tightly around my undershirt. Another dark, grey shirt covers just my arms, back and chest. I have long black boots laced up to my knees. A small satchel tied securely around my waist holds a few wiggenweld potions. Never know when you could use these. My outfit is finished with a black robe, perfect for blending into the shadows. I lift the hood of my robe and take one last look at myself in the mirror, before heading out of the bathroom.

As far as I know, Sebastian is in our common room. Hopefully getting ready for bed soon. How I wish I was there with him, sitting by the fire reading or maybe even getting into bed with him..

Focus I say to myself. I know that this is what I need to do right now.

Sneaking around the dungeon proves easy with how dimly lit it is down here. I could use disillusionment, but I don't feel like it's necessary here. I'm rounding a corner when I practically smack into another person.

"Ow!" Ominis complained, holding his head.

I'm rubbing my own head when I say "Ominis! I'm so sorry! I didn't know you were there."

"Well I certainly knew you were here. Heightened senses." He says, tapping the side of his head. "Sneaking out after hours, are we? Does Sebastian know you're running off into the night?"

"Why would it matter to Sebastian?" I ask curiously, what does he know?

"Oh please, he told me all about what happened between you two today. He couldn't shut up about it. He was borderline bragging." Ominis said, snorting at his friend's pompous attitude.

"Oh.. well, I guess there's no secrecy between you two."

"There surely isn't, we both know how horrible he is at lying to me." He smiles and although he can't see it, I know he can tell I'm smiling back at him. I wonder how many details Sebastian filled him in on. I wanted to tell Ominis about my room of requirement myself. Ominis and I weren't extremely close yet, but we were kindred spirits after everything had happened. I think we're getting there. I would love to share the room with him, and let his senses take in the beauty of it. Especially the Vivarium.

"Ah, well, I guess you should get going then." He said, stepping to the side, wand guiding his way.

"Are you going to say anything.. to.." I trail off, he already knows what I'm asking him to do.

"I won't lie to him. But I don't exactly have to tell him everything either." He starts walking towards the entrance to the common room, then turns around. "And y/n.. be careful. We've lost a lot this past year. We don't need to lose you, too." I stand there stunned as he disappears through the passageway. He came off a little bitter, but I know it's his way of caring. Not wanting anything to happen to myself or Sebastian again.

I really need to take care of this now. I continue to make my way outside of the castle, casting disillusionment when there is a prefect nearby. I'm reminded of the night Sebastian and I snuck into the restricted section of the library, when he first taught me that spell. A smile splashes across my face. Almost causing me to lose focus on my spell, I quickly push the memory to the side and continue on my quest.

It's darker than I'd like it to be. There's clouds blocking the moonlight, and I would use lumos but I don't want to draw any attention towards me. I finally make my way to the broomshed and pull mine out. There's always a connection I feel with it, I'd like to consider myself a good flyer. Imelda tried to convince me, practically beg me, to join the Slytherin quidditch team. I denied, having all that attention on me was the last thing I wanted. There was already enough.

I'm traveling fast, faster than I realized. I glance down and realize I'm already flying into Upper Hogsfield. I slow my broom and survey the area. Another abandoned encampment. I'm flying down into the camp and I start to take a look around. I'm disgusted to see all of the weapons laying around. So many people hurt, so many lives lost to those horrible followers of Ranrok. Anne's unbreakable curse. Fig's life.

Fig.

I can't hold it in anymore. It's like my night with Sebastian, letting down my walls, has opened up a floodgate. I'm on my knees, crying. The crying turns into screaming as I'm on all fours now. The pain is absolutely unbearable. I brought him to his death. I grasp the clothing over my heart, as if it'll help the tightness there to go away.

The magic is boiling inside me. I know it's responding to how I'm feeling.

I opened the Repository when I fought with Ranrok. I thought if I could absorb it, I'd prevent it from ever falling into the wrong hands. And I know that I can fulfill that promise to myself. But now, with the magic I have, I have to release it. I cannot contain it, there must be some way to control it.

That way would not be found tonight.

Still clutching my chest, I'm violently shaking and crying uncontrollably. This is it, I have to let it out. My body lurches up and I'm on my knees, back arching as I let out one final scream. An explosion of blue light bursts out of my body and I can feel it burning my eyes. Then darkness completely engulfs me.

I woke up laying limp on the cold ground. I must have blacked out. I roll over, trying to push myself up to stand, but I'm too weak. So I crawl the best I can towards a nearby tree. I'm able to slump against it. I am absolutely defeated. I remember the potions I brought with me. I grab one out of my satchel and try to bring it up to my lips with a trembling hand. Leaning against the tree, I let my head fall back. I can just barely start to feel the potion working when I fall into a deep sleep.