Chapter 24

Sharp and I apparated back inside of the potion's classroom in the dungeons of Hogwarts.

"What was that?" I exclaimed, gasping for air. He started pacing throughout the classroom. "Professor Sharp?" I became desperate as he wasn't responding to me. "It can't be.. was it goblins? They can't be back, this cannot be happening all over again."

"No, it's not goblins. Quiet with your worrying, child. They have been under close surveillance since last year. I assure you, it's not them." Sharp pauses, sitting down at his desk in his office. "But at the moment I'm not exactly sure who else it could be. I must speak with the ministry. You will hear directly back from me. But for now, you continue your studying and working with your magic. I won't mention a word to the ministry about our training, but stay under the radar. No midnight blasts in the middle of the forest." I'm a little relieved, after working with Sharp so closely the past few weeks I have developed a considerable amount of trust within our student/mentor relationship. Not to mention the fact that he is an exceptionally skilled ex-auror who has worked for the ministry in the past.

He begins furiously writing with a quill on a scroll of paper. I take that as my time to leave and begin to make my way out of his office. "And y/n," he says, I turn around to face him once more. He doesn't look up from his writing as he continues. "Not a word of this. To anyone."

"Understood." I say walking out of the potions classroom. I close the door behind me and lean against it, taking a deep breath.

I have to tell Sebastian.

I return to my dormitory to change out of my worn clothes from training. I also needed a long bath just to reset my mind at the moment. Before exiting my room, I roll up a small scroll asking Sebastian to meet me in the Undercroft tonight. I'll be skipping dinner, too anxious about this to eat. Handing it to my owl perched on his stand beside my bed, I exit the dormitory for the ladies' bath room.

I've soaked in this bath for almost an hour, the water being enchanted to stay hot for the entirety of it. I'm still too tense following the events from earlier. I sigh, groaning a little. I stand up, slipping out of the inviting lavender scented water into the cold of the dungeon air. I'm shivering as I quickly wrap my hair in a towel and dry off the remaining water from my body. I make my way over to the pillar of mirrors in the center of the room, surveying my appearance before me. I expected to look tired and beaten down, which is how I usually look after a vigorous training session. This time is different, I feel lighter. I look like I'm not carrying a dark cloud over my head. A smile escapes my lips as I remember Sharp's words from earlier today. "Well done."

Snapping back to reality I grab my wand from it's holder in my robe and wave it around my body. I love this trick. I'm now instantly dressed in black trousers fitting snugly around my thighs and bottom, leading to my brown boots. On top I'm wearing a thick sweater proudly in Slytherin green. All courtesy of Sebastian after ripping my clothes open and taking me shopping to make up for it.

I smile at the thought and release my hair from my towel, leaving it to fall down loosely in waves framing my face. "Good as it's going to get." I say to myself, and head out of the bathing room towards the Undercroft. I'm happy I skipped dinner so I could arrive here early and gather my thoughts.

I'm retracing today's events back in my head. The explosion we heard following training and finally gaining control of my magic for once. I try to remember the area we were in as I'm picturing it in my head, scanning the location in which the large bang and smoke following was coming from. We were on the cliffs somewhere near Poidsear Coast. We heard the noise Southeast of us, putting it somewhere traveling along the coast to.. Manor Glen. My eyes jolt open. It has been abandoned for Merlin knows how long, now infested with poltergeist and inferi. So what could possibly be going on there?