2: Chapter 9

"My mother's?" I stare at Sebastian in disbelief.

Before he can answer, I hear the enchanted door to the Room of Requirement begin to open. In walks Ominis and Anne, Felix trailing behind as the shadow of a body he is.

Sebastian turns back towards me. "Shall we discuss later?" He asks. I nod my head yes to him and gently place the necklace inside the box he had given me.

I turn to stand, greeting our friends as they come in. "Merry Christmas!" I give them a warm smile, pushing aside the plethora of questions I have humming through my head after holding that necklace.

I grab Anne in for a hug, which she returns, her slender frame fitting so delicately in my arms. "Merry Christmas." She says softly to me in response.

We release each other and I turn to Ominis, grabbing the sleeves of his charcoal grey sweater and forcing him into a hug. He grunts at me. "Yes, Happy Holidays, Y/n. Please let me go." I snort laugh at him and oblige. Sebastian throws his arms around Anne and Ominis, leading them towards the seating area of the room.

Felix, of course, is standing a distance away with his hands in his pockets. He's wearing a black turtle neck, matching his pitch black hair.

"So, our first Holiday together." I stand looking up at him, my arms crossed.

"I suppose you're right. At least from what we can remember." He says, nodding down at me once.

"About that, I received a beautiful gift from Sebastian this morning. Thank you, Felix." My arms slowly lower to my sides.

"Don't thank me, Sebastian deserves the credit. When he came to me I was reminded that I still had it in that damned Manor." I stand in silence, so many thoughts to process.

"The Manor.. how is it? Or, how was it being there again?"

"I really didn't spend much time there at all before Xaiden arranged for my arrival at Hogwarts. However, all of my belongings are still there. Countless items, treasures, art pieces that I've collected from my years of travel. I should like to go back again, I need to figure out what to do with it all, for the time being." He says, shifting from one foot to the other and looking behind me.

I turn my head to see Sebastian, Anne, and Ominis sitting around the table. Anne is laughing along with something Sebastian says, and Ominis leans back against the chair with a pissed expression on his face. Anne turns to face us, gazing over at Felix and I.

"Ask her on a bloody date already, Felix." I say to him, turning back around. Felix is still standing there with his hands in his pockets, looking back at Anne with a soft smiling playing on his lips.

He looks down at me. "In due time. Come on now, little sis." He releases one hand from his pocket and slings his long, slender arm around my shoulders, guiding us to meet the others.

Deek had prepared sweets and teas for us to enjoy while we pass the time talking and laughing together.

"Oh, Ominis!" I yell to him, in a song song voice.

He whips his around towards me, as he was mid drink with his tea cup in hand. "Uh, yes?"

"Can I take you to your gift?" I stand up and stride over to where he's sitting.

"Well I know you won't accept no as an answer." He sets the tea cup down on the table before us, and stands to his feet. "Alright then, lead the way." He holds his left arm out to his side and I loop my right underneath it. With his right hand, he pulls out his wand. He doesn't necessarily need me to help guide him, but I do love the bonding closeness to him. As much as he doesn't want to admit it, I think he enjoys it as well.