Chapter 34

"I'll fucking KILL him." Sebastian spits out.

"Sebastian!" I yell back at him. "He didn't know any better, it's what he's been brainwashed by Xaiden. And we don't know if it will have the same effect on Anne as it did the others before. His magic is.. different. It's almost like the training he's had allows him to focus more into it." I say staring off into the distance.

"He's messed with you, he's messed with Anne. I cannot believe you're defending him!" Sebastian yells at me.

"And I cannot believe you're sitting here judging him. Look at me! He and I both thought we were using it for good. And neither one of us know what do to with this curse that was decided for us, Sebastian! Did you think about that?"

"Y/n, your eyes. Control yourself." Sharp says sternly to me and I ignore it.

"And talking about how you're going to kill him? Do you want to push everyone around you away for good? No? Then put your damn pride away." I ball up my fists.

"Pride? It's not pride. It's protecting those that I love! I can't sit back as he does this to you and Anne! What kind of man would I be if I did that?"He yells back at me.

"One that doesn't travel down the same road he did before just because of some stupid primal male instinct!"

"Enough! All of you!" Sharp yells at us. I snap out of my rampage and look around. Ominis is bent over a potion's table, head in his hand. Anne is staring wide eyed, back and forth between Sebastian and I. This is definitely not what she needed to see from him coming back for the first time. Sebastian realizes this as well.

"Anne.. I'm sorry." Sebastian says with a pained expression. He wants so badly to prove himself to her.

Anne holds up a hand at him. "Regardless of what happened last year, I'm used to you being an absolute ass. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, Sebastian." Sebastian shoots a glance at me with his mouth open.

"Silencio!" Sharp casts at Sebastian.

Ominis chuckles. "Why didn't I think of that years ago?" Anne and I look at each other, not able to keep ourselves from smiling as well. Sebastian throws up his hands in defeat, mouthing 'come on'.

"Now, y/n, you will bring Felix to our training. I want to see this magic for myself. We're sticking to our plan as discussed last night. No using ancient magic on anyone, no killing-" he shoots a glare at Sebastian, who crosses his arms in response. Honestly the nerve of this boy to throw an attitude at Sharp of all people. The cockiness is never ending. "And no speaking of this outside of this classroom. Get out, now, before I silence all of you for the rest of the school year." He undoes the charm on Sebastian and we all file out of the potions classroom.

"Y/n.." Sebastian says as we're starting to walk to the Great Hall. Ominis and Anne face in our direction, and Anne grabs Ominis by the arm.

"Come on, Ominis! Please tell me all that's changed in the castle since I've been gone!" I watch them walk away and turn to Sebastian.

"I'm sorry." We both say in unison, then softly smile and walk closer together.

"She's my sister, y/n. She's already been through so much pain. I couldn't bare it if she had to go through any more.. I don't think I'd want to continue on if that happened." His face drops.

"Sebastian! Don't say that, please. Never again. I know she will be okay. Believe me, I was devastated when I found out. I forced it out of him, hurling my magic at him." He looks up at me.

"Of course you did." He smirks.

"I don't mean to undermine any worry you're feeling right now. I'm truly sorry. I am able to see it from both sides is all. I think.. it hurt him to see her in pain. He really thought he was helping her." I say staring up into his eyes.

He pauses for a moment. "I'm not going to be friends with him. And if he fucks up one more time-"

"Okay, I get it. We all got it. Just maybe don't voice that around Anne anymore." I say, leaning into his chest. He wraps his arms around me, needing each other's touch after all that's happened. Sebastian softly grabs my neck, turning my head up to face his, and kisses me.

————————

We walk hand in hand to the Great Hall, where we meet Ominis, Anne and Imelda. We're all sitting there, barely eating and in silence. Well all of us except for Imelda, who as usual, cannot shut up.

"He hasn't come out of his dorm at all this morning. The other 7th years have been whispering about him. Said he's knocked out cold."

"Oh would you shut it already. Go back to your quidditch obsession, for the love of Merlin!" Ominis says to her. This causes all of us to chuckle.

"Oh Ominis, if you were able to see the way he looks. You'd understand." Ominis rolls his eyes, and I notice out of the corner of my eye that Anne is blushing. Sebastian is sitting with his arms crossed, staring at a window and probably tuning us all out. Imelda grabs a roll and continues while I'm watching Sebastian, he turns to me and looks me in the eyes. I mouth to him 'I love you', he reaches his hand down and intertwines his fingers with mine. "It's funny, he kind of looks like you y/n."

"What?" I ask snapping my head back at her.

"Well, except for the height. And the eyes. And, he's a guy. But the facial features are all there along with the hair." She says talking with her mouth full, Ominis making a disgusted face at her.

It hits me then.

The magic. The unspoken bond, sensing each other's presence.

Lestrange isn't my surname..

After my parents died..

'Is it really possible that he also wields the ancient magic' I had thought to myself the night I found out.

I burst out laughing, which shocks everyone around me except for Imelda who was already joking at the fact that Felix and I look alike.

"What is it?" Sebastian asks me, smiling from seeing my fit.

I point at him, continuing to laugh. "You were jealous! You absolute buffoon! Jealous!"

"Okay, I'm officially lost." Ominis chimes in.

"Same.." says Anne.

"She's laughing, because I said her and Lestrange could be siblings! Could you imagine?" Imelda laughs along with me, then trails off when she sees everyone's mouths drop open around me. "What now? You're all being awfully strange today."

"No.. it can't be." Sebastian says. My laughter turns into crazy emotional sobbing. Could this really be? Sebastian reaches up a hand and wipes my tears again. I look at Anne who's softly smiling at me. Sebastian looks into my eyes. "Go." I nod my head at him. I have to find Felix.