2: Chapter 3

I nod at Sebastian and squeeze his hand. "I'm alright."

"Okay, fine. I'll be waiting in the common room for you." He kisses my forehead and walks away.

"I don't think he will ever get used to me being around." Felix says, looking at the direction in which Sebastian is walking away. I follow his gaze and smile at the perfect man that I get to call mine.

"He will come around. He has a hard exterior, like most of us." I turn my attention towards Felix. "Used to you being around? Does that mean.. you're going to stay here? At Hogwarts?"

Felix lets out a sigh. "I'm not going to lie, I've been going back and forth about the idea of leaving. I'm 18 now, I could go if I wanted but.." He looks off into the distance, at nothing in particular.

"But?" I ask nervously. We stand there in silence for a few seconds, before he responds.

"I've spent all my life moving around. I learned to not get too attached to anything, any place, or anyone in particular." Felix looks away again and pauses, I wait for him to continue. He motions his head towards the hospital wing. "I don't know how much or how little Anne told you, but when you were in there, I didn't come. I was there the first night, and after that I just.." He struggles to find his words again. I can tell it's taking a lot for him to open up to me this way, to let himself be intimate. "I was never exceptionally close with Xaiden. He fed and clothed me, he trained me before I lost control of my own magic. He took me on all these explorations. Which we now know the horrors behind.. What I'm trying to say is, I've never had anyone close to me before. No one has meant a great deal to me. And this whole time you've been unconscious, I've been scared out of my mind."

"I didn't know how to process it at first, I wasn't really even quite sure what I was feeling. Anne helped me a lot, sorting through this. You're my little sister, Y/n. You're the only family I have now, the only real family I've ever had. Now that circumstances have brought us back together, I never want to lose you again. So I want to stay here, with you. And I don't care if our futures bring us halfway across the world from each other one day. I just want to always be in each other's lives."

As he finishes up, tears are already forming along the lines of my eyes. "Felix.. you're such a pain in my ass." I smile at him. "But you're the best brother I could have ever hoped for. We will always be in each other's lives, no matter what." I confirm with him. There's another moment of silence between us, as he stares down at me. I'm not sure if he knows how to express any feelings after this, but he reaches out his long arm and pulls me into his chest for a hug.

I return his hug, and my eyes suddenly widen at the feeling. I remember the dream I had when I was rendered unconscious. Falling off the swing, Felix rushing to my side. Holding me close to his chest like this when I had hurt myself. I can't help it as the tears are now sliding down my face. Deep down, my heart and soul knows the feeling of his love. My big brother, my protector.

"Hey, don't get all gross and mushy on me." He says, playfully shoving me off of him.

"Sorry." I laugh as I wipe my eyes with my sleeves. "You have to tell me what is going on with you and Anne. I am your sister after all, you owe me this information."

Felix sighs and leans back against the wall, one foot resting up against it behind him. "I'm a tortured soul, Y/n. I've never been allowed the feeling of ease. I've never had a moment where I was able to be a normal human. I've been shaped to be this emotionless person, closed off and cold to the world." I understand what he's saying, I've only managed to get a few laughs out of him. For the most part, he always seemed so detached from anything going on around him. His eyes have always been that cold, icy grey. I could never put my finger on it before, but I can now tell that the coldness in them all along was sorrow. Now, before me, I see his eyes shift to something lighter. "When I'm around her, when she talks with me, I find comfort. She brings me to this relaxed state where I can be myself. I've been able to start discovering who I really am. I can't explain it but I care for her so much, ever since I saw how tortured she was in that hospital bed. She understands pain better than anyone, and for that, we can relate."

"Anne has been through a great deal, Felix. She's spent so much time being fret over, fought over, sheltered. She deserves someone that will allow her the same space to rediscover who she is, as well. I think you'll both find that ease within each other. I'm happy for you." I smile at him, and he offers me a grin in return. "Oh, and, don't hurt her. It won't just be Sebastian coming to kill you."

"I'm not sure if you could win that one, baby sister. After I saw how much you lost it during our battle." He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yes, well, that was only because Sharp told me to!" I exclaim at him.

"Mhmm. Sure. It was your stupid idea to explode in front of everyone, not his." He puts his hands back into his pockets and nods his head. "Speaking of Sharp, I believe he is next on your agenda."

I sigh, "I told Sebastian I'd meet him in the common room."

"I'll let him know." I contemplate for a second, but know that I need to go speak with Professor Sharp.. after everything.

"Alright. Just, don't burn the common room down if you two get into it. I'd like to actually finish my education after the eventful time I've had here." I call out to him as he walks away.

"No promises!" He yells over his shoulder.