Chapter 12

Sebastian POV

This girl will be the death of me. I'm sitting straight ahead of her, across the Transfiguration classroom. I can't pay attention to what Professor Weasley is saying, but I'm sure it's probably something I already know. Most of the time I indulge in discussion during class just to prove myself to be the most knowledgeable.

Today I don't hear anything being discussed in class because I am entirely fixated on y/n. I had to force myself to tear away from her last night.

I thought I lost her for good when I saw her lying on the ground outside of the encampment, I couldn't help the emotions that took over me after. I just wanted her. I would've gotten too carried away with the rate at which things were going. If she would've let me, that is.

I feel like I could explode at any moment.

She didn't even say a word to me this morning. She knows how much that's bothered me. Which just makes the tension inside me grow even tighter.

Her braided black hair is draped across her shoulder to the front of her body, and she's playing with the end of it. Every now and then she makes eye contact with me, then blushes and turns away. This is different than when she would ignore me before. I can feel the tension coming off of her too. It it possible she's feeling the same way?

How is she feeling about any of this, for that matter? I know what she's going through with her ancient magic, but there are also other unsettled matters.

We had kissed twice now, well technically multiple times with us fully making out on the common room couch last night. The way she looks at me, the way she holds my face in her hands, the way she kisses me back- she has to want the same things I do. What do I want?

I want her to be mine. I want to always have her, I want to always keep her safe.

Fuck. She's biting her lip now gazing directly at me. Her eyes look glazed over. How I'd love to be on top of her again, her breasts pressed against me. Which are now practically popping open that blazer of hers. If the rest of the class wasn't here, I'd take her right here on the desk.

I wonder if I'd be her first. She would be mine. Contrary to rumors spread around the castle, I'm not as cocky as I am with spells when it comes to women. I've been so preoccupied with helping Anne that it was never a thought in my head. I never even had another female in my life at all, until y/n introduced herself to me in the common room over a year ago. Despite how close our friendship was, I wasn't even remotely focused on it.

But with how things had developed, how we have developed.. I can't stop thinking about it now.

She's gazing down at her notes. I'm not entirely sure what she's writing down, but her legs keep shifting underneath her desk. She squeezes them tightly together. Killing me.

She finishes scribbling what she had written down and looks up, watching Professor Weasley teach once again.

I want her so badly, but I feel like now is not the time to bring it up. She's going through, struggling through, so much. She has training with Professor Sharp ahead of her, and feels out of control with her magic. Maybe if I put any pressure on us being something more it would just be adding another weight on her. And I want to make things easier for her, not harder.

Professor Weasley excuses herself to her office, fetching something for her over-extended lesson. I roll my eyes, is this what advanced classes will be like for the year? I'd honestly rather read it in a book and skip the class completely.

Y/n picks up her wand and waves it in front of the little piece of paper she was scribbling on. It turns into an origami bird, and flutters across the room to my desk.  I sit up, careful to not look too eager as a few of the others saw her trick.

The bird chirps once, then unfolds in front of me.

Forgive me for not
saying hello this morning.
Meet me at the room
of requirement after class.
- Your Charge

I smirked at the pet name she used for herself. Now to sit through this ghastly bore of a class some more.