Chapter 33

Sebastian and I are walking Anne to the hospital wing as we arrive back to Hogwarts. We're greeted by Nurse Blainey, Professor Weasley, Sharp, and Ominis. Ominis must have informed them while we were gone, and I'm grateful for it. Anne was slightly more exasperated than usual, from the longer trip here.

Nurse Blainey instantly brings Anne to a bed and begins preparing a pain relieving elixir for her. Sebastian is speechless, glued to her side along with Ominis.

I walk towards the three Professors, deep in conversation about the uprising of dark wizardry in the south. I join their discussion, telling them every thing I know from Anne.

"Someone needs to tell Black." Professor Hecat says to Sharp and Professor Weasley.

Professor Weasley sighs. "Alright, I will speak with the Headmaster. Dinah, please check on the castle's protective charms. Worst case scenario, we have to be prepared." This doesn't surprise me after the goblins had infiltrated underground trying to reach the repository. I shudder at the thought of anything like that happening again. "Aesop-"

"Leave it to me." He says curtly. Professor Weasley nods at him then turns to leave with Professor Hecat. Sharp watches them leave with me then turns towards me. He lowers his voice, "How many were there?"

"It was hard to tell, they're currently camped in Marunweem. I'm unsure how many are in the previous villagers' houses. Not to mention Manor Glen." Sharp nods as he processes.

"We're fine tuning your magic immediately. We've no time to waste. I will speak with the ministry bearing this news and to find out their course of action. They should send their finest aurors, but y/n, you should be prepared. You will be one of them."

I nod slowly at him. Sharp looks behind me at Sebastian and Ominis, leaning over the side of the bed with Anne. "Get those two fools to sleep." He turns and storms out of the hospital wing.

I walk over to Sebastian and Ominis, wrapping my arms around both of their shoulders as we all watch Anne. She's now peacefully sleeping, her chest rising up and down in a slow rhythm. Ominis cannot see her but he holds her hand on the bed, and I know he can sense her temporary contentment from the pain relieving elixir.

Sebastian clears his throat, clearly he's been holding in his emotions this whole time. "To think she had gone this long without any help, without anyone to be there for her-" Sebastian's head drops down. I release my arm from Ominis and lower to my knees so I'm eye level to him, lifting his face to look at me.

"Hey now, don't start. She's here with us, Sebastian. She's right here. She'll be safe, we can protect her now and take care of her. We have to look forward to the time we have now." He leans his head forward and rests it on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around his back and embrace him. I'm not sure how long I sat there holding him, but I'm brought back to the present when Ominis stirs beside us.

"I'm going to head back to the dormitory. Sebastian, you should really come with me and rest." Ominis stands, pulling his wand out in front of him.

"No, I'm not leaving her side." He responds, lifting his head. I stand up before him, so he's now looking up at me. I grab either side of his face with my hands.

"He's right, my love. You need to rest. Anne is safe here. She'll be cared for by Nurse Blainey, she's in the right place. When she wakes up And you speak to each other again, I think you'll want to be level headed." He sits in silence, looking at Anne and contemplating. Then stands slowly.

"Alright, you're right. As always." He rolls his eyes at me and stretches his arms out. "You're coming with us?"

I reach out to grab his hand. "I'm going to stay just a bit longer. I'll see you in the morning before breakfast." I stand up on my tippy toes to kiss him, a short and sweet kiss.