Chapter 40

"Where is she going?" I yell at Sharp who is now casting Protego Horribilis with other aurors around us. With the gash in my side healing from the wiggenweld potion, I slowly start to crawl up to a standing position.

"Quiet, boy. I need concentration." He continues to perfect the defensive spell.

"I have to go to her." I try to start running to y/n, which turns out to be more of a limp. Sharp shoots his free hand out to his side to grab a firm hold of my jacket.

"You are not going anywhere. You're injured, and would be nothing more than a distraction to her now." He says to me, without breaking concentration on the spell, or loosening his hold on me either.

"A distraction? For what?" I'm watching y/n in the far distance as she's talking to Felix.

The dark wizards start spell casting furiously at the shield around us. I turn my head back around to find Felix is no longer with y/n. She's standing all alone.

I try to run towards her again, this time Sharp throws his arm out in front of me. I look at him. "Why are you stopping? She's all alone? I have to go help her."

"She doesn't need help, trust me." I turn my head back to see y/n raising her fist of magic, and across the mass of wizards there's none other than Felix's grey magic in response.

"Sharp.."

"If you go out there now, she'll never be able do this. And that's not what she wants. You have to let her." Y/n takes off in a sprint into the crowd of dark wizards.

"No, no, no. Y/n! Y/N!!" I run to the edge of the protective shield when suddenly my legs are bound and I can't move another step.

I look down and don't see anything there, that bloody asshole casted Locomotor Mortis on me. "What is she going to do?" I yell at him, nearly screaming.

"She's going to end this."

I snap my head back to the crowd searching for y/n, my mind going into shock. An eruption breaks apart the swarm of dark wizards around us, it's almost as if I'm watching it in slow motion.

The white blast of lightning engulfs them, and as it shoots towards us I throw my arm up to shield myself as if it's going to hit us as well.

When the bright light fades from outside of my eyelids, I search frantically for y/n. Nothing remains around us, but two limp bodies on the ground. The shield breaks and I start running to the best of my ability towards them. Felix is on his hands and knees, crawling to y/n's body.

When I see her sprawled on the ground, lifeless, I throttle into panic. "MOVE!" I yell at Felix, kicking him down to the ground and away from her. He falls to his side and stays there, unable to move from exhaustion. Good.

"Y/n.. y/n wake up. I'm here, please wake up. Look at me!" I grab her up into my arms, remembering this feeling all too well. I found her like this once before, and when I held her this way, she came to and hit me in the chest because I was holding her too tight.

This time, there is no hitting my chest, there is no movement. There are no words.

Sharp isn't far behind me, he takes in the sight of the three of us. "Take care of her, I'm fine." Felix says, pointing towards us. Sharp throws his knees down to the ground and motions for me to release her into his arms.

"No!" I yell at him. Not this time, I'm not letting her go.

"Tilt her head up a little." I follow his instruction. He pulls out the familiar dark green emergency potion for y/n, and throws another at Felix. This time the bottle has a dropper, and he barely lets a few drops into her mouth.