Chapter 16

** Forewarning: This chapter includes the use of alcohol and substances. Y/n may be under the influence. If you don't want to read you can skip to next chapter :) I also didn't want to make it more modern than the time period is. But I wanted the characters to have some fun as well.**

I stand in front of the mirror in the ladies bathroom, Imelda by my side putting a deep plum shade of lipstick on her lips.

"Have you never been to a party, y/n?" Imelda says looking at me by my reflection in the mirror next to hers. She can tell how nervous I am.

"No, I haven't exactly had much time for it in the past.." I trail off, looking at myself staring back at me. "I've never even really drank before to be honest. Maybe a butterbeer here or there, but I don't think that counts?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to, it's fun enough to be with everyone and dance." She says, turning to face me. The only thing I'm really afraid of is my magic if I lose control from drinking. But I don't say that to her.

"You know, I've known Sallow for a long time. Since we were kids. He's a cocky bastard, always been closed off. He spent most of his time only with Ominis and Anne. And even then, I have never seen him open up with anyone else the way he does with you. He must have a huge soft spot for you, y/n. He melts like butter when you're around. It's honestly revolting." She makes a disgusted face and I chuckle at her.

Our conversation is interrupted by the sound of loud music coming from the common room. "I hope they enchanted a sound proof barrier as well." I say to her.

"Don't worry, we've done this loads of times. Let's go." She grabs my hand and we run out of the bathroom.

I must have missed a lot all those nights the past several months, when I snuck out and didn't return. I wonder what Sebastian did during those nights.

We walk into the common room, and I have never seen a room as alive as this one. There's green fire lighting several floating candles and filling the fireplaces around the room, casting a green hue everywhere. Slytherins, so ambitious. The music is loud, and there's students everywhere.

Imelda and I start making our way through the crowd. I spot a few Ravenclaws handing potion vials to other students, the effects they're having from them are incredible. Fireworks shooting out of their ears, fire coming out of their mouths like dragons.

In the corner of the room I see a group of older students, smoke clouds puffing out in the shape of animals. Interesting. Hufflepuffs I presume.

Then I spot Garreth Weasley amongst a few other rowdy guys handing out butterbeer and shots of fire whiskey. They're jumping around to the music obnoxiously but their energy is contagious. I wonder how many of those shots they've already had.

"I think I'm going to try a drink." I say to Imelda, I think the music is too loud for her to hear me. She nods and continues on through the crowd.

I make my way over to Garreth who greets me warmly. He slings an arm around my shoulders, "Y/n! Fancy seeing you here tonight. I don't think I've seen you at one of these before." He's slightly slurring his words. "Here, want to try some? I must warn you though, it burns a little going down."

One drink won't hurt, right? I don't think I'll get too out of control. I reach out my hand and grab the shot of fire whiskey he's holding out to me. I go to take a sip, "Woahhh now, try it like this." He raises his own glass and tilts his head back, quickly downing the drink then looking back at me with a smirk on his face.

I lift the drink, pausing to look at it. Then throw my head back and down it with one gulp. It instantly burns my throat, but the after taste is a warm cinnamon. It's delicious. Maybe two drinks won't hurt. "Can I have another?"

"Absolutely!" He says, pouring me another drink of it. I drink that one quickly, with more ease than the first. I hold out my glass for him to fill it again. "Why don't you slow down there for a second, here!" He hands me a glass of butter beer.

"Thank you, Garreth." I say with a grin. He responds by planting a kiss on my cheek. I widen my eyes, but he returns to his friends. I know he meant it innocently and platonic. I'm feeling very warm inside my body right now. It's a nice feeling, instead of the feeling of ancient magic boiling in me. I feel confident.

I return to the crowd, the music is contagious. I spot Imelda dancing with a few other Slytherin girls. I make my way over to her, she greets me with a huge smile and grabs my hand to start dancing with me. It's a sight to behold, seeing Imelda this carefree.

A strong arm suddenly snakes around my waist and pulls me against his body. Before I have a chance to turn around, their lips are close to my ear. "There you are." Sebastian whispers to me, sending shivers down my spine.

I reach my arm up and wrap it around the back of his neck. He presses his body against my back and moves my hair to plant one soft kiss on my neck. I turn around and look into his eyes. I wasn't expecting that kind of public affection so suddenly. I hear a few of the Slytherin girls gasping behind us.

"Shut it!" Imelda says, there's that fire. I'm thankful for it in this moment. My eyes still haven't left Sebastian's. We're locked together. He grabs my hips and pulls me closer. One hand of mine is behind his neck, the other holding my drink. "There you are." I say little slowly.

"Y/n y/ln, have you been drinking?" He gives his best face of disapproval but can't hide the playful grin across his lips.

"Maybe just a little, and what about you Mr. hot shot I've been to parties before?" I ask returning his grin, he laughs at my remark.

"I'm feeling great, but it'll take more than a bit of fire whiskey to take me down." He says leaning closer to me, swaying my hips with his to the music playing. We're both lost in the music and crowd of friends around us.

"Although I love showing off that you're mine, especially in front of Weasley I might add- why don't we go somewhere else." He whispers closely to my ear. I nod at him, giddy and warm from the butterbeer and whiskey. He reaches out his hand and I clasp onto it, following him through the crowd to his dorm.