Chapter 36

I'm leaning against the wall outside of the
Slytherin common room entrance with Ominis. One of my arms is across my chest and my other elbow is resting on it- hand up to my mouth. I'm deep in thought, unbothered by Sebastian pacing back and forth in front of us.

I had raced back to the common room earlier this evening to find Felix, after coming to the realization that we could be brother and sister. There was really no denying it, thanks to Imelda and her lovely attention to his physical attributes. To my disappointment, Felix was gone. No one knows where he ran off to, which would probably bother any other person. Except I know the disappearing act far too well.

"Would you stop already? It's not as if you're the one facing this news." Ominis snickers at Sebastian.

"Why's it bothering you? You can't even see me." Sebastian responds, looking at him while continuing to pace about.

"I can still hear you, and feel your incessant overthinking radiating off of you. Is it not bothersome to you too, y/n?" Ominis turns his head towards me.

"Mhm." I say without glancing at either of them. Sebastian stops pacing, and walks until he's standing directly in front of me blocking the spot in which I'm focusing in on.

"Hey." He lifts my chin to look at him. "What are you thinking right now?"

"Probably that you're taking this considerably worse than she is, and you're an idiot." Ominis mutters beside us.

"Isn't it about time you retire to our dorm for the evening, Ominis?" Sebastian retorts.

"Perhaps you should both retire to your dorm." I blurt out. "I'm sorry, I appreciate both of you here, I do. There's just so much on my mind. I'm not sure if I really need you all here when.. I'm finally able to speak with Felix." I say, my voice softening.

"Understood, no worries y/n." Before Ominis can turn to walk away I wrap an around around him.

"Thank you for being here, Ominis." He smiles at me and walks away, disappearing into the Slytherin house entrance.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to steal my best friend from me." I turn back towards Sebastian who has moved closer to me. The flame from the torch beside us dances in his amber eyes.

"Really? You don't suppose we could share him?" I say teasing him.

He plants his hand firmly against the stone wall behind me and lifts my chin again tilting it upward.  He kisses me slowly and deep. He has no idea how badly I need to feel his love in this time of anxiety. "You don't have to always be so strong for everyone else. Let me take some of that weight off your shoulders. I'm here with you." Sebastian says to me gently.

I look up into his eyes once more, and place my hand over his heart. "I know, I'm here with you too." I lean in for another kiss when suddenly I see Anne and the tall shadow of a person beside her, descending the stairs towards us.

I must be wide eyed as Sebastian immediately notices this and turns. His body tenses up.

"What were you two doing together? At this hour?" He starts to interrogate them.

"Save it, Sebastian." Anne throws her hand up in front of him to shut him up. "Come on, we've no business out here anymore." She stops in front of the common room entrance. Sebastian looks back and forth between Anne and I, then sighs and rolls his eyes.

He leans in to kiss my cheek and whisper into my ear, "I'm still here with you." I smile at him, a silent response, and he turns to walk towards Anne. "I mean it, what're you doing out this late? And coming in with a guy?"