Chapter 27

Sebastian and I hurry down to the dungeons in hope to catch Professor Sharp before his next Advanced Potions.

I practically bust through the door and make eye contact directly with Sharp.

"Ah, Ms. Y/ln. Just the person I want to see." He says folding his hands before him. "And Mr. Sallow." He lowers his eyes at Sebastian. I make contact with Sebastian who clearly doesn't know what to say.

"It's okay, Professor. He knows everything." I say before realizing what I'm admitting to. Professor Sharp had asked me not to tell a soul. My eyes widen.

Sharp holds up his hand, dismissing my shame. "I figured as much that you would share with Mr. Sallow and Mr. Gaunt. I'm assuming they're the only ones you've told?"

"Yes, Professor." I walk closer to where he's standing. "I must talk to you about something that's happened since we last spoke."

"Alright then, let's hear it." I share with him the arrival of the new student, him sensing my presence without actually seeing me in the hall last night. Although I leave out the part where Sebastian and I were sneaking in past curfew. I then tell him about the reaction I felt when he entered the Great Hall, my magic nudging at me that something was terribly off.

"She's not exaggerating." Sebastian says leaning against a counter on one of the work stations, arms crossed. "She looked ghastly." I glare at him.

"Off the work station before you knock a cauldron over." Sharp barked at Sebastian who quickly rose to his feet. "It is peculiar indeed, I won't place any doubt in your magic and capabilities to sense danger with it. Report to me immediately if anything advances or changes." I give him a nod, feeling Sebastian's eyes burning into me. Given his act of jealousy earlier I'm sure he was hoping for something more punishing than that.

"Now, I must share with you what I've heard from the Ministry. There is good and bad. The ministry believes there is dark wizardry on the rise as of late. But at the moment, they pose no immediate threat. So they're not acting on it quite yet."

"Any correlation to Rookwood?" Sebastian cuts in, practically spitting out the name from his mouth. That might be something I'd want to address with him at a later time.

"I don't believe so. Rookwood's followers disbanded following his demise. However that doesn't mean they couldn't have formed together again. Under a new leader. There is much to consider." Sharp says looking nowhere in particular, deep in thought. We stand there for a moment in silence, contemplating the news.

Sharp turns to me, "We must continue our training, especially if their suspicions are true."

"You don't think the ministry would try to use her as some sort of pawn do you?" Sebastian asks, seeming to get more upset.

Professor Sharp looks at me, silently speaking to me. I understand what he's encouraging me to do. I turn towards Sebastian. "I've already agreed to work with the ministry, Sebastian. To help the Wizarding World if something goes awry." Sebastian begins shaking his head.

"You have a life too, you have people who love you. You matter to all of us. You're not some weapon to use and dispose of." He says raising his voice.

"It is that I have loved ones that I have to use my strength and magic to protect them. You should know that better than anyone." I say with a pleading tone. His face softens, he must agree with what I'm saying.

Sharp cuts in, thank the gods. "I believe this is a matter you two can discuss privately. Let us continue to watch the situation closely, and also continue to train your magic. We'll move on to combat and defense next. I have a feeling we might end up one step ahead of the ministry with information, or a few steps." Sharp begins to walk towards his office, then turns.

"Oh, and the boy, his name is Felix. Felix Lestrange. Let me know what comes of this." Sharp turns again and shuts his office door behind him.

Sebastian and I exit the potions class and he walks me to the entrance of our common room in silence. He turns to me, lightly grabbing both of my shoulders. "I have Divination. Are you going to be alright?"

"Of course, but it's you who I'm concerned about. Don't think I didn't see how angry you were at the mention of Rookwood's followers." He slowly drops his arms from my shoulders. "We do not have to discuss it now, but promise me we will at some point?"

Sebastian gazes down at me for a moment, then nods. I can tell this will be a sore subject for him. "I promise. As much as you promise me that we'll discuss your.. agreement with the Ministry." Ah, he's not going to let that one go after all.

I close the space between us, grabbing the back of his head and standing on my tippy toes to kiss him. He leans into it, wrapping his arms around my waist and reaches one hand down to squeeze my bottom. I yelp in response and feel him smile on my lips as we continue. I reluctantly pull away and smile back at him. "It's a date."

We begin to part ways, as I turn to walk into our common room he smacks my ass and I hear him whistle at me as he makes his way down the hall. I let out a chuckle. Thank god no one was around to see that.

I enter through the passageway and begin descending down the winding staircase, watching my feet as I'm running down each step. I don't think to look up until I reach the last step and run smack into something hard. A chest. Two hands clasp onto my arms as I look up to see who I ran into, and when I look up I feel like I'll be sick to my stomach. Icy grey eyes stare back down at me, Felix.

I quickly shrug off his arms and step to the side to allow him to pass, but he continues to stand there and says to me, "I was wondering when we'd finally run into each other."