Chapter 22 (Spice Warning)

Sebastian opens the door to the hut. You can definitely tell it's out of use at the moment, there's no original furnishings except for a few broomsticks, buckets, tools here and there.

However, in the center of the hut lay blankets on blankets, surrounded by at least 5 large pillows. There's a short table in the center, tall enough to sit at the ground and eat a meal. Which, on the table there are two plates, napkins, dining utensils, cups, and a platter with a cover over it. What draws my attention the most, are the rows and rows of floating candles all about the hut creating a dim ambience. There's a fire crackling in the corner. Every detail was carefully thought out, and conjured into this small hut.

"Sebastian.." I breathe out. "You did all this?"

"Are you questioning my capabilities?" He says, shutting the door behind us and setting down the butterbeer on the table. I roll my eyes.

"Of course not. I just mean, you did all of this for me? For us?" I ask, removing my jacket to get comfortable. The hut is surprisingly warm from the enchanted candles and fire.

He removes his own jacket and strides towards me. I'm looking up at him while he cups his hand on the side of my face. "I did it just to see this look on your face right now. I want to give this to you in any time of hardship. If I can create happiness for you, I won't hesitate. I'm not wasting any more time." I'm speechless, and I can feel tears forming in my eyes. But luckily he interrupts before they can fall. "Let's go eat." He releases my face and gently grabs my hand, leading me to the pillows surrounding the small table.

I sit down right next to him and he removes the cover from the platter in the center of the table. There's steak, baked chicken, vegetables, rolls and butter, mashed potatoes. On a separate plate there are chocolates, raspberries and strawberries. "How did you..?"

"I had help from a certain house elf who is quite fond of you." Deek. Of course. He pours butterbeer in our cups, and fills our plates with food. We eat in a comfortable silence, with the exception of a few jokes and small talk. The food is amazing, I'll have to remember to thank Deek and also possibly ask if he can make it for me again one day. We're finishing up our dessert and almost finished with our butterbeer. Sebastian is leaning back on a pillow, and I'm laying between his legs and against his chest. He feeds us both chocolates.

"I don't think I can eat any more now. I think I'll be full for days." I say lazily, declining the chocolate in his hand.

"Don't tell me you're growing tired on me. You've yet to see the best part." He says, carefully sitting me up and sliding out from behind me.

"There's more?" I ask, as he starts to stand and reaches out his hand.

"There's more." He says with a grin, I take his hand and he steadies me. Then he leads the way outside.

We round the corner of the hut and down a walkway in the back, I immediately stop short. We're facing the Black Lake, the moon is glowing on the water, and the view we have is perfectly framed with trees. "It's breathtaking..." I say in awe, unable to take my eyes off of it until I shiver. Sebastian must notice this because he comes from behind me and wraps his arms around mine. Our bodies are one.

"I thought you'd like it here." He says softly into my hair.

"Like it? It's amazing. You've kept this to yourself this whole time, huh?" I turn my head to try and look at him.

"I came here a lot last year when I was driving myself mad trying to find ways to help Anne. It kept me level headed at first." He says. There's something in his voice as he talks about it, it's not sadness. It's almost as if he's made peace with what happened. I wish so badly that I could do the same.