Phil Foden

Word Count : 893 Sorry, it's a little bit shorter. I hope that is fine.

Requested by Tomato_Fredo You said 'something wholesome', so I hope this suits your wants <3

Phil Foden

🤍 Manchester City F.C. 💙

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬

"Why, Phil? This is a stupid idea!" you giggle, shaking your head at your boyfriend as he lays an old quilt down on the grass in a nice park. It's a beautiful sunny day. The kind that makes you feel happy to simply go outside. The kind that inspires you to do outdoor activities and have fun and act young and free. The sky is bright blue, like Phil's Manchester City home jersey, and there is a very slight, warm breeze that every so often blows your hair around your shoulders. There are dandelions all over the grass, shining like tiny little sons and daughters of the sun.

"Aw, c'mon. No way. It's a great idea," smiles Phil, tucking a small purple flower in your hair with a satisfied smile.

"That's probably a weed you know," you comment.

"Oh, come on, why so gloomy!? You know, Y/n, weeds can be pretty too."

"Yeah, like you," you smirk.

"What?" he asks in confusion.

"Even though you're just a weed, you're still pretty," you tease, patting his shoulder.

He rolls his eyes, smiling, and plops down on the blanket. "It's such a nice sunny day! Why don't you sit down next to me already?"

"I'm gonna get sunburnt," you practically whine, sitting down next to your boyfriend.

"Fear not," he smirks. "I came prepared for whatever excuses you would try to come up with." You watch as he digs in his bag and pulls out a tube of cream sunscreen. "Ah, here we go," he mutters as he pulls it out. Then he grin, squeezing some out on his hand before putting a dot on your nose.

"Phil..."

"Shhh," he says, and starts spreading the sunscreen on your arms and legs. "Now you can no longer complain about the sun. You will not get burnt." He takes the bucket hat off his head and puts it on yours, saying, "There you go. Completely protected from ultraviolet rays."

"Did you get that off of the sunscreen bottle?" you ask with an eye roll.

"Maybe," he laughs, and puts it back in his bag. "Okay, Grumpy, it's time to get out what we came here for."

"Grumpy? That's just my name now?"

"If you keep up actin' so grumpy, I suppose so," he grins, and takes out two sandwiches, some chips, fruit, and bottles of cold lemonade. "There we have it. Our very highly nutritious meal for today!"

You roll your eyes, and say, "Whatever," trying not to smile.

He silently hands you your food, and you sit criss-cross, eating it. Your shoulder is touching Phil's, but he moves closer to you.

"C'mon," he grins, putting his head on your shoulder for just a moment. "Why don't you loosen up a bit? Don't be so cynical! It's a beautiful day for a picnic!"

"I'm not into picni-"

"Don't even say that," he shakes his head, kissing your cheek. "You're into spending time with me, or at least I hope, so therefore, you are into picnics."

"If you say so..."

You sit eating. You take off your sweaty sneakers and socks after a while, setting them aside, off o the blanket, and lean back. Phil keeps leaning on you and being all lovey-dovey, and you can't deny that he's so sweet.

"Why so stiff?" he demands.

You shrug.

"Is something wrong?" he suddenly asks, leaning back, concern written all over his face.

"No, no, no, Phil. Everything is fine. I'm just bored."

He smiles. "Just relax. Are you done eating?"

"Yeah..."

"Good, I am too." He hold his hand out to take your trash, so you hand it to him, and for now, he just puts it in his bag. Then he lays down, and pulls you down with him, without warning.

"Phil... We're in public..."

He laughs. "What is that supposed to mean? No one is around anyway. Besides, I just want to snuggle you."

"Phil Foden? Snuggling me?" you say, faking surprise. "Say it ain't so."

He just grins, and kisses your cheek, wrapping his arms around you. "Just relax," he orders gently.

You smile, unable to be grumpy anymore as he pulls you even closer to him. "Okayyy," you grin with another giggle.

"There's my Y/n!" he grins. "Lighten up."

"I ammm,"

"I guess it just takes me to kiss and hug you for you to finally lighten up, huh? Not even a nice romantic picnic?"

"Phil, we're still having a nice romantic picnic."

He grins, touching his nose to yours. "Good point."

You lay next to him, your bodies pressed together. He lazily has his arm draped over you, and you rest your head against his chest. He speaks softly to you about all sorts of things. All the things he cares about, and wants you to know about. And you love laying there on the blanket, in the sun, listening to him.

Finally he kisses your cheek again, saying, "Well, Y/n, do you want to get going?" He adds with a joking chuckle, "I mean, God forbid you get sunburns..."

You giggle at this, muttering with a big grin, "Yeah, whatever, Phil Foden."

You sit up together and put everything back in his bag. Then you walk down the path in the park, hand in hand, back to the car.