Anatoliy Trubin

Word Count : 1640

Requested by DeniIsBack

Anatoliy Trubin

🧡 FC Shakhtar Donetsk 🖤

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

We're just too different.

Those were the words that made your world fall apart.

After three years of being in a very happy relationship, those were the words he said. The first two and a half years were great. Amazing. Nothing was wrong at all. And then it all started to go downhill. You started to disagree on so many things... it almost felt like everything. Half of your conversations were arguments. Sometimes you snuggled and you held each other and spoke about everything under the stars, but sometimes it was like you couldn't stand him. It was like you couldn't stand being with the love of your life.

Now you can't stand being away from the love of your life.

The things that originally brought you together didn't seem as relevant. Even in those things, something was missing and empty.

Yet you told each other you loved each other.

Even on the last day.

"Y/n, I love you, but I think we're just too different."

You can still hear his voice in your head saying it.

Just too different.

Everything feels wrong away from him. But things didn't feel right with him, either.

Stop thinking about it. Stop. Stop thinking about him, you tell yourself. Just that thought is so painfully familiar.

And as always, you can't stop laying in bed and thinking about him. His soft hair that you would run your fingers through. His sweet little smile. The taste of his kisses. You groan, rolling over in bed, begging to be able to sleep, although the pain refuses to let you. You feel tears flood your eyes. It's not uncommon.

I wish I could just forget about him.

But I love him too much for that.

Why do I still love him? you brain screams, as you breathe into your pillow, feeling the first tear slip down your cheek. You wipe it away, but it's no use, because more just keep on coming

"Love, I need you," you whisper, digging your nails into your scalp. "You said we'd be forever. Nothing could stop us. We'd grow old together. When you kissed me you told me how lovely I was. Why? What the hell? What's wrong with me? What didn't I do r-"