Lamine Yamal

Word Count : 1226

Requested by we1rdog1rl I said 'embarrassedly' in this chapter, and I'm not sure if that's a real word in the English language or not. Sorry if it is not.

Lamine Yamal

💙 FC Barcelona ❤️

𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦

𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦

You sigh, standing up off the couch when you hear the doorbell ring. You're not sure who it could be, but regardless, you go to the door and open it. Your eyes widen when you see the face of the boy around your age. "Lamine, what's up? Why are you here? It's a Saturday morning."

"Hey- Hey, Y/n," he stutters after he looks you up and down. "I just... I just had to... uh."

"Yes?" you ask, raising your eyebrows expectantly. "What's up?" you repeat.

"Uh," he clear his throat. "Actually, I was just heading back home from training, and I figured I would stop by to just tell you that... It could be really cool if you went to our final games. And the last one. Could you try to make it to a few?"

You grin. "Of course I will, Lamine! You know I love watching you play!"

He smiles back. "I really like your shirt, by the way."

You look down to see what shirt you're wearing, and grin when you see that it is actually Lamine's number ten national jersey. You look back up with an embarrassed laugh. "Yeah, I like it. It reminds me of you."

He nods, and looks you up and down again, and shifts. He's obviously very embarrassed and flustered about something, although you're not sure what it could be about. He wouldn't be so embarrassed about your shirt, and you've been leaving little hints for him of you liking him for quite a while now...

Unless he likes you back.

You decide to break the few seconds of awkward silence by continuing, "Well, are you busy? You're welcome to come in and hang out. I'm sure my mama and papa won't mind, and my brother is at a friend's house, so he won't bother us. Like, I don't know, we could just make up some brunch or something and you could be on your way. I mean, we don't have to- if you're busy. Or if you just don't want to. It's okay!" You realise only after you finish how much you were just rambling away.

"No, no, I'd love to. As long as it really is okay with your family."

"Lamine, of course it is. They love you. Come on in."

He smiles at this and nods, coming in with me. We go to the kitchen, and I say, "Mind if I just make up some store bought waffles?"

"No, not at all... That's fine."

"Alright, then you can sit in the dining room and wait for me as I make that up for us." You go in the kitchen, then, and very quickly make the food, feeling bad if it takes too long. Then you enter the dining room, and when Lamine sees you again, and looks away, putting a hand over his mouth, flustered. You furrow your eyebrows, not sure what's wrong with him, before sitting down across from him, placing his plate before him. You both eat your food in mostly silence. You mostly don't try to talk because of how interested Lamine seems in only looking at his food and no where else. Finally, though, once you're both almost finished, you ask him, "So, how'd you like the food?"

He looks up, meeting your eyes, and says quickly, "It was really good. Gracias, Y/n."

You grin. "Store bought waffles never fail. Anyway, you should probably be getting going then, now, huh?"

"Oh, yeah, right," he responds awkwardly as he quickly stands up. You stand up with him and walk him to the door. As you're walking though, he blurts, probably without even thinking first, "Y/n, are you wearing any shorts- Oh gosh, I'm sorry, why did I-" But he's interrupted by you breaking out laughing. 

You laugh and laugh until you can gather yourself and respond with a tired laugh, running your hand across your face, "Yes, Lamine, of course I'm wearing shorts!" You lift up the jersey you're wearing to reveal the short shorts underneath. He glances, but very quickly and embarrassedly looks away again, nodding.

"I'm- I'm so sorry for asking that. It was stupid."

"It's fine," you giggle a little. "It was funny. I couldn't care less, man. I'll see you later, then?"

He nods, flustered, and obviously very embarrassed as he walks out of the door and waves behind him to me.

★★★

Of course you are sure to go to Lamine's following games, and you can't help but notice how much his performance has improved. You wonder why this could be as you watch his teammates and coach support and congratulate him, proving that it obviously isn't only yourself who is noticing these changes in him.

After all these games, you're very excited as you sit, getting ready for the U17 final to start for Spain's team. You're sure Lamine will do amazing. You can't wait to see this performance in this final, and you plan to cheer him on this whole time, especially since he asked you to be here. He'll be glancing at the stands, looking for you, you're sure, which makes you happy- very happy- to think about.

Lamine does great and Spain wins, and as soon as the game is over, you get up out of your seat to meet Lamine, feeling so excited. You run to find him, and meet him in a hallway in a while. A few of his teammates are around, but you barely notice as you run up to him. "Lamine!" you squeal. "You did so great!"

He grins at this compliment and just seeing you so excited and happy, and nods, saying, "Than-ks-!" He stutters because without thinking, you lean in and give him a kiss on the cheek.

All his teammates start laughing, and one says, "Ayooooo! Does Lamine have a girlfriend?!"

"Yooooo, bro! Why didn't you tell us?!"

At this, a very embarrassed Lamine starts walking out. Suddenly you feel extremely guilty, for doing that without thinking, in front of all his teammates. You don't even know if he likes you or not. You sigh, ignoring all of the commentary from the mostly older boys around you, and follow Lamine out of the hall. Once you're out of the hall, you run after him, before finally catching up to him. "Lamine!" you call as you catch up to him. He stops and turns around, staring at you as you run at him. "I'm so sorry," you pant once you've reached him.

But he's grinning. "It's okay."

"Huh?"

"A kiss on the cheek from you was worth it." 

This time, you're the one who is feeling flustered, but you ignore it, smile, and wrap your arms around him in a big tight hug, asking, "So, you like me back, huh?"

You can feel that he's warm as he hugs you back. "I guess I like you back."

"I feel like ever since that day you came over to my house and I was wearing your jersey, you started to play a lot better, you know."

This makes him chuckle softly, and you can feel his head go up and down in a nod. "Yeah. I guess you are my lucky charm, Y/n."