Robert Lewandowski

Word Count : 1053

Requested by ReadingStories778

And for those reading this who might be thinking 'Bro don't you know that Lewandowski plays for Barcelona now?', yes, I do know. This person requested that this imagine be in the past, when he is still playing for Bayern Munich. Just wanted to make sure we avoided any confusion there! <3

Robert Lewandowski

🤍 FC Bayern Munich ❤️

𝐈𝐧 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐈𝐧 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Your long term boyfriend, Robert, walks into your shared bedroom, back from training. "Hey, Y/n," he says, running a hand through his brown hair. "What're you doing there?"

You look up. "Just reading a book. Why, handsome?" you smile. You always like to see him in his training clothes. They make him look sexy. Not that he isn't always sexy, of course, though.

"I actually am going to just get changed into some more comfortable clothes, and then can I talk to you about something. It's important, if you aren't busy." 

You look at him in concern. His tone is tight and tense, and his eyebrows are furrowed. Not his usual happy, joking, lighthearted self that he is after training. "Alright, Robert. Of course, honey, of course. I'll go make some tea for you, okay? Meet you in the living room." You get up to leave the room.

"No, no, Y/n, it's okay!" he says quickly though. "I can make my own tea!"

You take a step back towards him, and take his arm in your hand. You suddenly wrap your arms around him in a big tight hug, resting your head on his strong chest. "No, no, you! I will make you some tea. You just get comfortable and meet me in the living room, okay? Something is obviously bothering you." You rub his back a little, and add, "And I figured you needed a hug because of it."

He kisses the top of your head, before letting you go, saying, "Alright, then. I'll be ready shortly. Thank you for the tea, then."

You nod, blowing him a little kiss, before walking out of the room to go to make him his tea.

Soon enough, you're meeting each other in the living room. He sits down on the couch next to you, and you hand him his tea. He take a sip, and says, "Ahhh! Very good tea. Thank you, lovely."

You smile, and take your hand, giving him a little rub on his neck and shoulders, where you know he likes it. Finally you whisper, "Can you tell me what's wrong now."

"Nothing really is wrong. I just... I have been presented with a big decision to make, and I... I don't think you'll like what I am being offered."

You reach down and take his hand, nodding. "Well, tell me, then."

He nods and breathes deeply, before finally saying, "So, Barcelona wants to sign me. FC Barcelona."

You stare at him in surprise. "FC Barcelona? Robert, so do you think you really would want to go to Barcelona, then?"

You see him swallow. "Well, that's just the thing. I... I am leaning towards it, yes, but what about you? You're a Munich girl. You're my Munich girl, but... Well, I know how hard it would be for you to leave. You've been living here your whole life... Your family is here, and you have a job that you love. So there's the problem. I want to leave to go to Barcelona, but I don't want to leave to go to Barcelona, Spain, unless, you're leaving with me, and I know you won't want to leave. But I am not going to leave if you don't want to. I just won't."

You swallow, nodding. "Well... Right. We... can't... split up. But, Robert, you have to follow your dreams, too. What you do can't be centered around me. You have to do what you feel is right for yourself, too."

"I know, but what is right for me is what is right for you. Lovely, we're in this together. I love you too much to leave you for something like this. I love you too much to leave love for something else."

You nod, shifting. "Robert," you whisper, "I don't know. The thought of leaving Munich and going to live in freaking Spain scares me. But the thought of you not living up to what you should be living because of me scares me even more." You lean your head on his strong but comfortable shoulder.

He wraps his arm around you. "Well, right... But whatever we do, we're in it together. And we must both swear that no one will be angry, guilty, or regretful. We're in it together, and we always will be, so we will take it step by step. We can think and talk it over more. We don't have to make our decision right now, alright?"

You smile softly. "I think the problem is that we both want what is best for the other person. We love each other too much."

He laughs. "I don't think we could ever love too much."

You smile. "Good point."

"Well, we'll figure it out, okay, lovely?"

You nod with a sigh.

"But for now, I think you could use some cuddles. Let's relax on the couch. Is there a movie you feel like watching."

You smile and snuggle up to him as you turn on a movie. You hold each other's hands throughout the whole movie, as if to convince the other that no matter what the future holds, everything will turn out okay.

And so you ended up going to Barcelona. It was hard leaving Munich, but you found a good job in Barcelona, and of course you still visit your home country and city of Munich, Germany, often. And with the team of FC Barcelona, the city of Barcelona, and the country of Spain, you can say you are content. It has been quite an adventure. And adventure that you never knew you needed. And now you've learned that sometimes the things that seem the most scary can turn out to actually be under a disguise as frightened. You've learned that sometimes under dread or uncertainty can be a bright, beautiful, exciting future. And the best part is that you know whatever happens and wherever you go, you'll be spending that beautiful future with the love of your life.