Micky van de Ven

Word Count : 1013

Requested by yourfavvlatina

Micky van de Ven

Tottenham Hotspur F.C. 💙

𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲

𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲

You stare at the table, fiddling with your thumbs. Your fingers are painted red, to match your dress and your lips. Your hair is all done up, and under the table, your feet are in high heels.

But you sit alone.

Waiting for a date. One that you look forward to so much. You swallow, trying not to cry. You can't force yourself to go... Because then what if he shows up? One of your friends warned you that you shouldn't mess around with this Tottenham footballer when you excitedly told her about your unexpected meeting with him and him asking you out.

Now you're thinking that friend must have been right.

But what if she wasn't? That's what keeps you tied to this seat. Because, what if, by some small chance, he's still coming?

You feel sick to your stomach, and you can't tell if it's because of the situation, the fact that you still haven't eaten a crumb of food, or both. The answer 'both' seems the most likely to you.

You sigh, leaning your head on the table, feeling tired and rejected and lost and exhausted. You nearly fall asleep there for a few times, but somehow keep yourself from doing that. You're not sure how much time pasts, because you end up in a twilight zone in which you don't understand time, until you sit up right away in excitement at the feeling of your shoulder being tapped. But you look into not the face of your date, but rather just a waiter's face. "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but we're actually closing soon, in about ten minutes."

You nod with a sigh, and it hits you that he really didn't come. That he just left you hanging like that. You can't help but let one tear slip down your cheek. You say, though, to the waiter, "Alright... Thank you. I'll get going now, then..."

He looks at you with sympathy, but the nods, saying after a moment of hesitation and concern, "Alright... Well, I hope you have a good rest of your night, ma'am."

"That would be a miracle," you sigh, speaking that comment mostly to yourself, as you put your purse over your shoulder. Your bottom and ankles are numb from sitting in that same position for however long it ended up being. So you wobble a bit when you stand up. You accidentally grab the waiter's shoulder to balance yourself as your body regains feeling, although he doesn't seem to mind- in fact, he seems happy to help. "I'm s- sorry..." you say to him once you're steady and you've let go of him. "It's just been... a hard night for me. Have a good rest of your night, and thank you very much."

The man nods, saying with concerned eyebrows, "Well, yeah... I understand. Tough things happen. I hope everything turns out, though."

"Yes," you sigh with a nod and a sniff. "Me... too. Despite how much I doubt it. But thank you so much, sir."

"You're welcome," he smiles gently with a courteous nod, before moving on.

You sigh, keeping your head down, as you make your way through the restaurant, towards the door.

But suddenly, you freeze, looking up, when you hear a voice say, "Oh, my gosh, Y/n!"

You gasp as your eyes rest upon your date, wearing a black suit and tie with a white shirt and a red flower in the pocket. He's holding a bouquet of roses in his hand, and before you can say, do, or even think anything else, suddenly, he pulls you to him, and he's kissing you.

You freeze, not even sure for a second what's happening, before you let yourself slowly relax into the kiss. When you finally pull away, you realise you're crying, and suddenly feel terrible, sure that your makeup is all messed up. You're about to try to speak, but instead, your date, Micky van de Ven, speaks first, his intriguing accent lining his voice, "I'm so sorry, Y/n... I was so... I really was excited for this date, and you're such a sweet and beautiful woman... I figured I'd go a few minutes out of the way to get you some roses, but the way I took back ended up having terrible traffic. My phone had died, and I just wanted to get here... I can't believe you waited for me... I'm so sorry for not showing up..." He looks you right in your eyes, before gently wiping your cheeks off with his hand.

"Micky, thank... thank you so much for coming... But this place is closing now... I've had a long night."

"Want me to drive you home?" he asks gently. "Maybe another night we can actually go out for a date? And maybe I should pick you up, so we both know what's happening... And charge my phone."

You smile at this and nod. You take each other's hands and walk out to his car together. As you get driving, you say to him softly, "Thank you for caring and... still coming. I don't think you know how much that means to me. And that kiss... It was worth all the waiting and worrying. I'm so sorry my hair and makeup and dress is all messed up... I'm sure I look so tired... I probably look terrible."

"Oh, no, no," he says quickly, giving you a glance of confusion. "No matter how smudged your makeup or tangled your hair or wrinkled your dress or tired your eyes, Y/n, I didn't even notice it. The moment I saw you, I saw the beautiful woman you are. Good looks aren't required to be beautiful, but with you, even if you have had a long night, you still have good looks. Otherwise, why did I kiss you, if you weren't beautiful?"

You smile softly at this, saying, "Thank you so much." You take each other's hands.

"Always... I really want this beginning to go far, Y/n."

"Me, too, Micky. Me too."