Pedri González

Word Count : 1273

Requested by rosalia_64 Sorry if it isn't good. I was kind of tired lol. I hope you enjoy! <3

Pedri González

💙 FC Barcelona ❤️

𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

"Hey, wait, is that Y/n?" you hear a voice call behind you. But not just any voice. It is the voice of the boy who always sends shivers down your spine- and not in a good way. And, yes, you do call him a 'boy', and not a man. He does not deserve anything greater than the word 'boy'. Even guy doesn't do him justice.

"Oh, wait, yeah, I think so," you hear his friend, Gavi, call. "Y/n!" he shouts. "That's you, right? Over here! Come over here!"

You sigh, unable to escape the situation now, and turn, looking in the direction of them. How come, everywhere you go, you always seem to just run right into this boy? Why is Pedri everywhere? It's not fair! In your efforts, you try to avoid him! Avoid him! Not run right into him!

The two boys are sitting with cans of cold drinks in their hands, on the sand, with an umbrella over them, hanging out. You were just about to have a nice beach day of listening to Spotify, also drinking cold drinks, and tanning out in the beautiful sun. And the plan was to be by yourself.

But now Gavi is sitting there, waving his hand for you to come over. You sigh, and walk over.

And try to ignore Pedri's big brown eyes focused on you.

"Sit down with us. What's up, Y/n?" Gavi asks. "Why are you going to the beach, all by yourself?"

You sit down next to Gavi, still trying to make it quite clear that Pedri does not even exist in your world. In your eyes. You only speak to and look at Gavi as you explain what your plan for the day was going to be in what you hope is a pleasant tone.

After you finish explaining, then, Gavi turns to both of you, saying, "Darn, I'm sorry. I got to go pee. I'll be right back; just going to go to the public bathroom, thanks." And just like that, before you can also get up and leave at the same time, Gavi is running off.

So you are about to get up and say, 'Actually, I should go, too,' to Pedri, but you never get the chance, because the moment Gavi leaves, Pedri laughs, saying to you in a friendly way, "My God, he must've really got to go, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so," you say quickly. "Listen, Pedri, I have got t-"

Suddenly, Pedri grabs your arm, which makes you flinch, and looks at you so hard in the eyes, you're forced to look back at him. "Y/n, can I talk to you quickly?" he says very fast.

You pull your hand away, bringing it to your chest, and say quickly, "What the heck do you think you're doing?!"

"Y/n!" he says louder. "I have something very serious I want to say to you!" And his sincere eyes prove that he isn't lying.

You breathe deeply and exhale slowly. You don't really want to hear, but at the same time, you really do. The curious side of you, which you hate, is winning you over right now, so, despite yourself, you continue to sit in the presence of this annoying boy.

Once he sees that you're here to say, he says, "My very important thing that I have to say is this: Y/n, I'm sorry."

You blink in surprise, and maybe a little bit of hope, before quickly turning your expression cold, unforgiving, and hard again. "For what? Are you joking with me?"

"I'm completely serious. I am sorry for tormenting you for years in school. I'm sorry for exposing you, gossiping about you, lying about you, and hurting you. I'm sorry. A small little something turned into something huge."

"Where is this coming from?" you ask, shocked, having nothing else to say. "And what do you mean by 'a small little something'?"

"This is coming from me growing and realising. Realising what is really going on, and why I've been horrible to you for years. It's because I started to like you, and to overcome with the fact that I'd never be able to be with you when I was young, I found everything bad in you and made fun of you for it. I covered my liking up with hate so I didn't have to suffer. It was selfish and stupid, but it all started with me having a crush on you."

"What?!" you scream in shock.

"Shhh, calm down," Pedri says, glancing around the beach, which is mostly empty. You guess if it weren't mostly empty, Pedri and Gavi wouldn't be casually hanging out here. "Yes, I did. And I realised lately, as I've grown, that I still have those feelings for you. I've spent enough time being stupid and trying to hate you. Well now I'm done trying, and so the feelings are slowly becoming uncovered again. I'm sorry. I really am. For everything. For it all. For liking you. I've been needing to tell you this for months, but whenever I come near, you run, which is understandable. I feel really bad, Y/n. Guilty. And of course you don't have to say yes to me, but all I'm asking, is can we try to slowly but surely mend this relationship? Obviously this isn't me saying we should date, but... I just want to be able to be friends."

You stand up, nodding, because suddenly, all these different emotions hit you. "Alright, Pedri. I have your number blocked, but I can unblock. I will get back to you on this." You wipe your tearing up eyes with your thumb. "But for now, I've got to run..." And before he can stop you, just like Gavi did, you literally run away.

★★★

"Pedri," you mutter. "It has been four months since that day on that beach. Four months of mending. Spending time. Fixing. Understanding. You know?"

He looks down at you, right into your eyes, as he is so good at doing. You feel a shiver go down your spine. A good kind of shiver. "Yes. Of course I know. I know all about it."

"Right, so... Remember how you told me how you liked me, that day? That you had a crush on me? Do you... still have a crush on me?"

He shifts his weight on his feet, looking over the dark blue ocean against the dark, star filled sky. You are standing with each other on the dock, leaning over the railing, and just talking. Alone. Just you and him. "Yeah, of course I do. It has grown to be quite an uncontrollable crush for you, now."

"Well, good- Er, I mean, can I make a confession?" you say quickly.

He is silent for a few seconds, before finally saying slowly, "Always, Y/n. Of course."

"Alright, then... I think I have a crush on you, too."

He looks over to you, meeting your eyes once more. His eyes are sparkling. "Y- You do?" he softly stutters. He gently reaches out, taking your hand, which is sitting on the railing, in his.

You nod. "I can't believe it, but I do."

He studies you with his beautiful big brown eyes, before saying, "Will you be my girlfriend, then?"

You feel yourself blushing bright pink. You nod silently.

"One last question, then?" he says, a big grin appearing on his face. "Can I kiss you?"

You nod once more, and the young handsome man, who you suppose can now be called your boyfriend, goes in for the kiss.