Ethan Mbappé

Word Count : 951 I am sorry that this is a shorter one; it just ended up being a story with fewer words. Regardless, I hope you like it! <3

Requested by theofficiallyfan Also lol I know a lot of French words so there's a lot more French phrases in here than usually there would be with say Spanish players because I know a lot more French!

Ethan Mbappé

❤️ Paris Saint-Germain 💙

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

You suddenly pause the movie.

Ethan looks over at you in confusion. "What is up?" he asks. "You got to go to the bathroom?"

You shake your head slowly. "Non... I do not... It is just... Do you hear that?"

You are snuggled up together under a blanket, watching a random movie. He grabs your hand under the blanket, looking at you now in concern. "You mean that it is raining?"

"Not just raining..." you mutter. "Also thunder and lightning..." Suddenly, the dim lamp next to you flickers and goes out, which makes you squeal in shock.

"Hey, calm down!" Ethan says, squeezing your hand reassuringly. "It is just a rainstorm, belle. Tu vas bien." (You're good.)

You swallow, nodding. "Right... Can you... turn off the television, s'il te plaît ?"  (please?)

He nods, standing up to do so, but you feel a shiver go through you the moment he isn't touching you anymore. He shuts off the television, but then says, "Now, why did you want me to do that?"

You ignore his question, though, and just ask, "The power went out, right?"

He nods. "Because of the storm, probably." He turns on his phone and the flashlight on it, setting it on the end table at the end of the couch. "How is that?" he asks, smiling at you in the still quite dim light. He sits back down next to you and puts a reassuring arm around your back. You try to give him a smile back, but it feels weak, and he can tell. To show he can tell, he says gentler to you, more in your ear, "I take it you do not like thunderstorms much, belle ?"

"Non..." you sigh. "I guess I do not..."

He nods again, leaning into you more. "I have got you," he says simply. "What makes you scared of the rain, Y/n? Just the rain. Not any of the other aspects of the storm. What is scary about the rain?"

You swallow. "I do not know... Not really much... I guess that part is just water..." you mutter, burying your face in his shoulder.

"Are you shaking?" he asks softly.

You shrug. "Maybe..." you breathe.

He wraps both arms around you and starts gently rubbing your back. "What scares you about the wind?"

"It could blow things into the house," you respond, your voice tight.

"Where we are right now, though, it would npt hit us. And if we heard anything, we have a basement with no windows. We would run down there and be safe. But there are not many trees around this house anyway, and never before has anything ever gotten blown into our house during a storm for all my life."

"Yeah, but..." you mutter.

"Now why are you scared of the thunder?"

"Because it means there is lightning..." you say, your voice cracking as your eyes start to water.

Ethan lifts your chin and uses the end of his shirt to dab your eyes, saying gently, "Do not cry, belle. Why are you scared of lightning, then?"

"Because," you say, biting your lip, "it could strike us and burn us up and we could get hurt..." you cry.

"Chut, tout ira bien, belle," (Hush, all will be well, beautiful) he whispers into your ear. "How often does someone get hurt like that? It will not happen to us. Okay? I understand it feels scary but in reality there is nothing to be scared of. That is very rare, because we are low, away from the sky where there is the lightning, and in a covered building. We will be okay. Okay?"

You swallow, nodding, but cuddle closer to him. He hugs you tighter, and whispers, "I like rainstorms, honestly. Kind of weird how different that is about us, huh?"

"Thank God you like rainstorms," you breathe, wiping your eyes. "Otherwise I would still be a nervous wreck. You are a lifesaver." He smiles at these words and hugs you tight. You yawn, muttering, "Ethan, I am sleepy..."

He pats his lap. "You can lay your head right here. You'll be alright. With me, the rainstorm will not get you."

Despite how childish and wrong you know this sentence is, it still relaxes you. Even though rationally it makes no sense, emotionally, it calms you down. So you lean back and snuggle up in the blanket, resting your head in his lap. He gently plays with your hair, calming you even further. "All the sudden, Ethan," you mutter, "when I am here with you and your warmth and your reassuring touch and your comforting words in my head, the rain sounds nice... Kind of calming. The lightning is still scary, but..."

"Just close your eyes, belle. You are safe here with me, and you know it. You do not need to see the lightning. I just want you to fall asleep. I have got you," he says again.

"I love those words. You have got me."

"I do. I would do anything for you. So do not worry. I will not even have to do anything for you right now though because we will both be safe. Now you fall asleep, belle."

And at these last words and whispers from him, you just wrap your arms around him, and let yourself fall into a peaceful sleep.